Sign in to follow this  
exo attack

Miners Camp!

Presenting my first Wild West MOC, Miner's Camp!

ww.b.1.jpg

It is a makeshift camp, in the middle of the desert with some of the miners nessesities. It includes a campfire, a pickaxe, a revolver ( not the official one ) , a sleeping bag and the miners clothes.

ww.1.jpg

I do not have a name for the minifig, you can debate about it if you want. Anyway, I'll call him miner. Miner has a cowboy hat, a biege shirt, biege trousers, black boots and a beard.

ww.2.jpg

Here he is with accessiories.

ww.3.jpg

FEATURES

There are two features. The first one is with the golden bar.

ww.4.jpg

By using a technic pin, you can attach the head to the sleeping bag, to hide the gold bar.

ww.6.jpg

The second feature isn't really a feature. Miner always keeps a revolver beside his bed, incase trouble is nearby.

ww.7.jpg

So it doesn't get stolen, he uses his cowboy hat to cover it up.

ww.8.jpg

Please post comments, enjoy And special thanks to Brick Miner, who inspired me. ;-)

YEEHAW!

Very original. I like te idea of the sleeping bag and the miner hidding his gold 'under his pillow' while he sleeps, but I'm not to fond that one must pull off his head and beard to 'put him to sleep'. maybe if you used a two-piece 1x2 hinge you could fit a shaven miner in the space between.

Also, is that an Exo-Force head?

I really like how his long beard is floating over the sleeping bag.... that

Awesome! Those graphics remind me of the computer games from the earlier 80's. Nostalgic memories come flooding back.

ww.b.1.jpg

As for the sleeping bag, it looks like its missing a 1 x 1 plate in the middle.

*sweet* that is good EA... as others have said, the sleeping bag idea is very creative/original, especially when you incorporate the "hidden" gold. i love the story that is implied here, much like my own MOCing (i think that is why i like it so). it's very reminicant of the detailed story telling that LEGO suggested though their official WW sets.

the MOC would benefit from a snake or scorpion for even more playability ;-)

however, i do wish the photos were better, but i understand (all too well) the trials of having bad photography equipment ;-)

this is much more than i expected from a Exo-Force fan :-P

- BrickMiner

Wow, thanks for the comments! It was pretty easy to make, I'll post instructions if anyone wants them. An yeah, my camera skills and the camera are pretty bad. I was gonna make him sleep on the ground, but it looks like the sleeping bag as a good idea. Yeah, it is an exo force head, but I found Hayato's head goes pretty nicely behind a beard. Again Thanks, and does anyone know how I can get a better background?

For this one, I had to paint a background, copy and paste the main picture, rub out and fill in.

very cool exo-attack! That sleeping back is something i haven't seen anywere before, very nice idea very original and you build it quite nicely. *y*

Maybe you can use a original lego set box background picture, whipe out the original set and put yours into it. (i think BM is doing something like that) I think you have the skills to do this as you already cut out your photo and stuff...

BTW on a side note. Everytime i read 'WW' for one second WORD WAR pops into my mind. Everytime! haha and it goes like this in my head:

"WW....World War....did lego make word war sets?? X-O Cool! Tanks, soldiers, turrets cool cool cool!!!.....o no it means Wild West ofcourse...darn it :'-( "

Everytime the same thoughts...i just can't help it :-D

Oh by the way, does anyone want instructions? It'll probably be quite easy, so I really don't mind.
im not sure instructions are nessesary, as the model is simple. and i think we could easily adapt your MOC into our own, solely based on the images you provided.

the only thing i would like to see is some of is that digital editing mrt suggested ;-) and possibly the incorporation of some official WW pieces (minifigs, animals, utinsels, etc...).

thanks though !!! and again, this is really nice !!!

- BrickMiner

nice work! *y*

the MOC would benefit from a snake or scorpion for even more playability ;-)

If you do add those animals, don't forget to put them in his sleeping bag. >:-)

Oooh, the official parts is gonna be a problem. The whole reason I started this was becuase I thought it would be a challenge (and that it would be really cool :-P ), because I don't have any WW sets, and all my WW pieces were recieved through car boot sales.

As for Mrts suggestion, I can actually make a background, instead of photoshopping it.

Oooh, the official parts is gonna be a problem. The whole reason I started this was becuase I thought it would be a challenge (and that it would be really cool :-P ), because I don't have any WW sets, and all my WW pieces were recieved through car boot sales.
ok, you have a point... i just love the official elements so much (especially the figs)... and like to see them explored and expaneded on ;-)

but you definitely have something here, so go with what your feeling !!!

- BrickMiner