Sign in to follow this  
coffeeandcake

4483 AT-AT fragility

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

i recently came to ownership of a good condition, used 4483 AT-AT and have just put it together.. and i am loving it. however i notice that it is a very fragile model, especially the head. additionally, the blue/grey 2x2 turntables which hold the side panels for the head have come slightly loose from use. the panels sway whenever i move the head or pick up the walker. the head has also come apart from the body on one or two occassions from picking it up.

i have been thinking of ways to improve it, but im also wondering if anyone has MOD-ed their walkers to address these issues? if so, care to share some tips or methods that you have used?

thanks!

I had some complaints about it before and I came to realize that the best solution is to simply make a solid structure with bricks inside of the body and put the neck straight so it dosen't move, that works if you only want to display it but you can also do what I did with mine, I will try to take some pictures for you to see what I mean.

You can also borrow some ideas from the 8129 AT-AT using a bent frame to achieve the angles on the side panels of the head.