Sign in to follow this  
nathenderry

Questions about some UCS sets

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi, I was just curious about a question I had concerning some UCS sets. I would look this up myself, but it's impossible, because LEGO didn't include inventories for sets' instructions at the time these sets were released, but anyway, can the following UCS sets be constructed by ordering all of their pieces individually off of pab or bricklink: Imperial Star Destroyer, Rebel Blockade Runner.

Thanks for any help.

There are a few part list sites out there. I cant remember the name off hand. But Im sure you could find the parts from bricklink and PAB. Id say 99.99% of Lego parts made are available on Bricklink. If it exists people will have it and want it.

While I can't comment on the RBR, I did finish a complete Imperial Star Destroyer (one of the only ones that I was missing) a few months ago. I believe the only issue that you may come across with the set, like I did, was if you want it in old grey or new blue-grey. I was unable to find a comparison of the two, but I have also like how cleaner the blue-grey have looked and so I did the entire thing in blue-grey. There was only 4 pieces that have not been made in blue-grey, 2 boat pieces and 2 window pieces, everything else can be done with blue-grey. This was done all on Bricklink, roughly costing $600 (probably could of been cheaper via ebay but I did buy mostly brand new pieces and wanted to make sure it was all blue-grey, since if I recall correctly, LEGO only made the set in either all grey or 50/50 grey and blue-grey, not 100% blue-grey).

Also, Bricklink has it where you can create a list by putting in the set number. It will then break it apart and put each piece in their respective category. That was how I did it and it was fairly straighforward.

Hi, I used Bricklink to build a 10143 Death Star II from scratch last year & it was great fun!

I also tried a Star Destroyer, but gave up after sourcing 50% of the parts as it was becomming too expensive to be viable; there are several really rare parts (engines, magnets, etc) and these were impossible to get hold of in Europe at a reasonable cost. However, you might have more luck. To be honest I doubt that you'll save much from buying a decent used version...it just depends if you want a challenge or not! Also, if the sets have lots of different parts, you'll need to factor in the cost of postage as this really adds up with multiple orders.

I've attached a link to the parts list for 10030 (here) and 10019 (here).

Cheers, Robin :classic:

I too bricklinked the deathstar II great fun! My ISD was all bley, but you will struggle with the three engines. As for the blockade runner i have it built in ldd with all part in bley that are available and substitutions for parts that sre not. I can email it if you want to look.

After bricklinking the 10179 Falcon (so much fun) I started to collect parts for the UCS Snowspeeder 10129.

I am currently waiting for my last orders to arrive. There are some parts that are not really available, so I have to change a bit (especially the windows). I will show some pics when I am done. All I can say so far is that I will be way below the price for a complete set.

After bricklinking the 10179 Falcon (so much fun) I started to collect parts for the UCS Snowspeeder 10129.

I am currently waiting for my last orders to arrive. There are some parts that are not really available, so I have to change a bit (especially the windows). I will show some pics when I am done. All I can say so far is that I will be way below the price for a complete set.

I was actually considering bricklinking 10129. Which pieces could you not get right away? Most of the pieces seemed fairly common when I took a first glance.