kabel

Monastery Garden on Mt. Mitgardia

High on the slopes of Mt. Mitgardia, not far away from the Valley of Skulls, the lonely traveller may find a solitary monastery. It's inhabitants may live far away from the profane world, but that does not mean that they don't know what is happening in Historica. And so it went not unoticed that Steen Larsson and his fellow men from Helgestorp and Stoneroda were in the urgent needs of medical supplies. The monks were surely hoping that the power of the plants collected in their gardens would save many lifes!

My entry for the current Mitgardia garden challenge:

sscn2394.jpg

sscn2391.jpg

sscn2392.jpg

sscn2393.jpg

sscn2396.jpg

Edited by kabel

Nice build, Kabel.

Your gardens look good, but I really like the buildings (especially the column in the middle of each one :thumbup: )

Nice little build! I like that roofing style and the chicken is a nice touch! Neat vines as well! :thumbup:

well, chicken, onions and beer, what better way to cure an illness is there? :laugh:

gland you guys like it, thanks

Nice build!

I presume you mean Mt. Mitgard, or is there a Mt.Mitgardia too XD

Otherwise the Wyrm Clan would appreciate the healing skills the monks could provide us with, as some of our warriors were wounded when an earth elemental almost breached the fortress wall though it was driven back by the Arngrímr and Sigolf (Not even Mt.Mitgard was spared the attack of Revolwords elementals I assume)... I was actually thinking of building a Moc of the hot springs of Mt.Mitgard (every volcano should have some ^^) that are said to have healing powers (no wonder it is sacred to the Clan).

Edited by Erikur

Great work kabel! Really impressive how much you fit into just 16x16, the gardens themselves look good but the buildings take the cake :thumbup: Go Mitgardia!

Great job on the roof!!!

It is a very great MOC you made as it really looks like a monastry!

Thanks for the comments guys.

@OL: this is actually not meant to be the backyard but more the cloister section of a monastery.

@Erikur: Mt. Mitgard of course, I'm sorry for screwing that one up. And yes, weary travelers are always welcome.

@SK: yeah, I really tried to put into 16x16 as much as possible and I'm glad it worked out.

@DM: testing this roof tecnique is what this whole moc was all about. Originally tough, I wanted to do an inner corner, but in the end it didn't work out. That's why eventually I came up with two stories on the second wing. I'm still happy though as I also hope the photography is a little better this time.

Looks great Kabel! The buildings are really well made and fits perfect into this small area! The arches on the first floor is a nice touch! And I´m falling in love once again in 1x1 round bricks roof!

My only nitpick is the green/yellow base which draw attention of the moc itself with it´s bright colours.

The buildings, the roof, the garden - all beautiful! You've captured the cloister feel perfectly.

I love how you were able to pack so much detail into such a small area.

Edited by kermit

I love this build is very pretty, the combination of colors in the roof is perfect. :thumbup:

thanks a lot, seems like this kind of roofing is the way to go, now I just have to find another use for all the roof bricks have accumulated so far ... :laugh:

@DG: To be honest, the frame annoys me too, but I didn't choose the colors, that was SoT

@CBB: when I build the hops I had you on mind!! So go ahead and borrow, I'd feel honored!

Edited by kabel

Great stuff Kabel! I'm really liking the stonework and the creative thinking of turning plants into medicinal herbs is oustanding! :thumbup:

Thanks Eccles, I guess that gardens in monasteries always serve the healing purpuse, especially the gardens in the cloister. BTW, as I already am a Royal Architect, I'm entering this just for the fun of it.