Sign in to follow this  
robuko

FAPC Halo Jones and the Rat King

8429928712_264155f062_z.jpg

For my entry, I have chosen the pivotal scene in The Ballad of Halo Jones, written by Alan Moore and illustrated Ian Gibson. For those who don't know it, this is a pretty hard-hitting space opera that was serialised in the British comic 2000AD.

In this scene, Halo Jones meets and later saves the life of the Rat King on the starship Clara Pandy. The Rat King is subsequently used illegally by her lover General Cannibal to start ratwar, spreading plague, madness and death on a global scale. Halo Jones was a soldier in the wars for many years and on learning what the General has done...well, you should read it!

Any way, no mecha here. This simple build is quite a departure from my normal style. In tribute to the origin of the scene, I have mangafied it too

:classic:

8429002349_b13164253b_z.jpg

Hmmm I've always thought myself a Moore fan, but I don't think I've ever actually scene this.

While I don't know the source material this is still a cool little build - I really liked how you built the keyboard and the placements of the Rats.

And the comic-booked version is really cool :thumbup: