Dufresne

MSFC: The Cabin in the Woods

My entry for the Micro Sci-Fi Contest is inspired by my favorite movie of 2012: The Cabin in the Woods. It's a 3-level vignette showing the cabin itself, the army of nightmare creatures held beneath it in a high-tech prison, and the post-carnage elevator lobby beneath that.

"This we offer in humility and fear."

8423155555_fea039eed3_c.jpg

8424245886_1c486586a4_c.jpg

8423155627_429f684134_c.jpg

Here's a link to the full set of photos on Flickr.

Nice :thumbup: . The Cabin is well done. I'm not sure which monstrosities are represented in "the army of nightmare creatures" section but I do hope that bottom left, second in, is as I suspect, a Merman? This MOC would not be complete without a Merman :wink: . I particularly like how you've added a false perspective to the bottom level.

Great idea for an entry, good luck.

Hahaha, some of the creatures are a little representative, but here are the ones I had in mind with each one:

Top row: Dolls, Dismemberment Goblin, Killbot, Sugar Plum Fairy

Middle row: Hair Monster, Mutants, Blob (hard to see because it's recessed,) Floating Skull

Bottom row: The Twins, Headcrab, Giant Ant, Scarecrows.

The only ones that don't show up in either the movie or the illustrated guide are the floating skull, (though there is a floating head,) and the headcrab. Those I just put in because they looked scary. There actually IS a merman, kind of, in the construction. One of the cells on the side contains the headpiece for the Monster Hunters swamp monster. Unfortunately it just didn't look good enough to go in the front.

In the lobby there's a giant scorpion, the Dragonbat, and the giant snake.

Edited by Dufresne

This is a great representation of the movie, i laughed a lot seeing the cages and the blooded underground with the enormous snake.

SPOILER ALERT! Shesh!

Seriously, great build, I love the shaping of the cabin, the subtle sloping is fantastic!

And I'm always a sucker for light bricks :grin: