robuko

MSFC Ace Trucking - Kaliphlin in Space

8427251318_fd6c1f0ee9_z.jpg

Threatened with extinction by the evil forces of Victor Revolword and the Hand of Corruption, the people of Akhbesh turned to religion. They sought the help of the thousand year old Pharaoh Priest King Amset Ra, and his advice was good. "Call the wise ones", he said. "These evil armies will not turn aside, so move the city instead."

And so, he called the Ace Trucking Company, which sent an old tug to lift out the city. Unknown to the inhabitants and to Ace Trucking, there was a sea serpent in the lake. Well, Ace Trucking called pest control, and pest control sent in a giant red crab to catch the serpent. The fight between crab and serpent went on for days, and became quite a must-see for tourists and backpackers in the sector. People came from as far as Zoidia and Gotham just to watch it. Trade had never been so good for the local innkeeper.

8427250798_d85bc1a364.jpg

8426160045_50cccb384a.jpg

:classic:

link to flickr set

Edited by robuko

Does it count as a free build for GoH?? :classic:

Nice idea!

I wouldn't have added all those microships, but you created a story for them too so that's cool :thumbup:

HAHHA

I'm not sure.

This was too funny. well done :thumbup:

If there was an award on best cross forum build, you'd win hehehe.

Really great miniscale buildings :grin:

Thanks guys for all your kind comments. This was a lot of fun. I have never really tried this before, there's so much you can do with micro!

I wouldn't have added all those microships, but you created a story for them too so that's cool :thumbup:

Ha ha, I wish! No, this is just for the MSFC contest. Great idea though! Yeah, it's a lot of ships, I had too many good ideas. The micro ships came before the landscape :classic: I hope the composition allows you to see them all clearly in terms of colour contrast and arrangement. Quite a lot of thought went into it. I toyed with the idea of a micro space station to show them off, but decided I liked this more as it gave me a chance to do historic buildings.

If there was an award on best cross forum build, you'd win hehehe.

Now there's a great idea!

Apologies for the bump, I have changed the photos

:classic:

Edited by robuko

I like the bump, otherwise I would have missed this.

This is completely awesome. Great little backstory, great use of Buzz's wings as er, wings, and I love the water falling off the map. Reminds of what I assume those flat-Earth people must think happens at the end of the map.