cortman

FAPC: Stock Tank

(For those not familiar with farming/ranching, a stock tank is a large water tank/tub for livestock, usually cattle.)

The local ranch supply store recently received an order of stock tanks... but they weren't expecting this kind. After years of deceiving servitude the cows have risen up against humans, and have quickly overrun hastily thrown-up defenses by local SWAT and military teams. This assault vehicle carries heavy armor and four front mounted flamethrowers, powered by.... methane gas. :)

My first "serious" MOC since my dark ages, and while it's been challenging to work with my still small collection, I've made do and it's been fun! I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks for looking!

8403254109_3bbbefaf05.jpg

Stock Tank 1 by das_cortman, on Flickr

8403278217_e15b8ccf00.jpg

Stock Tank 2 by das_cortman, on Flickr

8403253549_eed5f2d6de.jpg

Stock Tank 3 by das_cortman, on Flickr

Haha great concept. And I learnt something new!

For your first MOC, really impressive job! :thumbup:

The shaping of the front of your tank is great. Also clever use of the cow.

My suggestion is to do something more interesting with the side paneling. I like how you did the spots, but it's still a bit bland.... maybe as simple as some tiles to create a bit of texture?

Thanks for the comments, all! :)

My suggestion is to do something more interesting with the side paneling. I like how you did the spots, but it's still a bit bland.... maybe as simple as some tiles to create a bit of texture?

I'd thought as well if there wasn't something I could do on the sides... I might look into that. Thanks!

For a first time you a have a really good result, nice :thumbup: :thumbup:

:laugh: Very nice, great idea and I love the head! :thumbup: I'd have to agree with Si on the sides, something to break up the studs would be nice (on the end especially). Personally I'm a bit crazy for smooth surfaces with no studs exposed... so I'd go for trying to use tan tiles to smooth it out and then lift the brown up a plate, but that would be an awful lot of tan so it's probably not an option (I don't think it would be for me!). Great spot for the cow though, peeking out right there :laugh: , and what a lot of wheels! :thumbup: