alex54

FAPC: Bananatank

Here my entry to the FAPC contest.

I'm not a space builder, but I really have fun building this Bananatank !

Now, you will not see the monkeys with the same way than before...

bananatank_p01.jpg

bananatank_p02.jpg

Be careful poor human, my rotating gun will hurt you!

bananatank_p03.jpg

You can't stop me, I can transform my tank into a Flying Banana!

For more bananapics, just have a look here!

Haha, simply great. :laugh: Put a smile on my face right away; he's going bananas/apesh*t! (can I say that?) :look:

Anyway, there's something about that monkey that it keeps being the best 'animal' of lego. :thumbup:

The shape is just perfect. The fact that it can transform (well, if you take the treads off) as well is just plain awesome.

This is what Legends of Chima products need to be like!

Edited by Ceroknight

That's one of the most fun vehicles I've seen in a long time. I love the shape: Wouldn't even need to be a banana if just the colors were altered, with the novelty gag (which to clarify, does make it that much greater) removed, nobody could question that it's a grade A sci-fi model in it's own right - that's often not the case with novelty themed creations but it really demonstrates that your effort in the design isn't secondary to the gag. :thumbup:

The offset of the tracks and chassis is wild, the angles are all cool. The hidden thrusters and liftoff from the tracks were completely unexpected but I can tell they're not just gimmicky afterthoughts; they're well integrated and just add even more cool to the model. :tongue:

Good luck in the contest!

nah nah nah BANANA TANK!

Hahah I love how you have the hidden thrusters!

You totally could have fooled me that you were a Space builder !

Great job! :thumbup:

That's one of the most fun vehicles I've seen in a long time. I love the shape: Wouldn't even need to be a banana if just the colors were altered, with the novelty gag (which to clarify, does make it that much greater) removed, nobody could question that it's a grade A sci-fi model in it's own right - that's often not the case with novelty themed creations but it really demonstrates that your effort in the design isn't secondary to the gag. :thumbup:

The offset of the tracks and chassis is wild, the angles are all cool. The hidden thrusters and liftoff from the tracks were completely unexpected but I can tell they're not just gimmicky afterthoughts; they're well integrated and just add even more cool to the model. :tongue:

Good luck in the contest!

Thanks a lot!

I would like to build something fun in its design but without making it breackable and brittle. It had to stay in one piece when you play with it. And to add more with the playability aspect, I thought that making a convertible vehicule was nice! After that, I have made a lot of tests in the design to come with it : it's not that easy to have something beautifull, playable, and sturdy!

nah nah nah BANANA TANK!

Hahah I love how you have the hidden thrusters!

You totally could have fooled me that you were a Space builder !

Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad that if I have fooled you! Even if I like some line like Alien Conquest, Galaxy Squad, Castle and Pirates, I don't build mocs from those theme and stay in Town.

This kind of contest is just perfect to me, making my buidling experience a lot more "out of my traditionnal tracks", which is really fun!

And thanks for all the other comments!

And now my BS gallery is public!

Great idea! Very unique and yellow. Perfect to drive the Bluecoats nuts. (They don't like bananas) :laugh:

Glad you venture outside of Town.

Great idea! Very unique and yellow. Perfect to drive the Bluecoats nuts. (They don't like bananas) :laugh:

Glad you venture outside of Town.

This contest gives me other idea to build other things than houses!