I think posting here is fine. The title IS Technic, Mindstorms and MODEL TEAM. I think this awesome little MOC qualifies.

I think posting here is fine. The title IS Technic, Mindstorms and MODEL TEAM. I think this awesome little MOC qualifies.

Agreed :classic:

Ah well, ok. I was misguided. When looking at these pictures I see it, too. I just didn't have the look of the old Celica in mind.

Wow :wub: Any chance of getting instructions? My father has a TA22 which is esentially the same model and it would be nice to get him one of these :blush:

Wow :wub: Any chance of getting instructions? My father has a TA22 which is esentially the same model and it would be nice to get him one of these :blush:

I might be able to throw together some instructions by next week.

Great! Time for me to invest in more tiles : ) looks the same scale as Lego Cars.

That would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

@ Datsun: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: Nice MOC! Note that the wheel arch parts ARE in LDD -- type in the number 62361 in the LDD Parts Palette's search box (just above where the parts are shown on the left side of the LDD screen). Same thing with the Steering Wheel -- type 30663 in the LDD Parts Palette Search box to find it! You can usually find the proper Part Number in Bricklink, and then "Search" for it in LDD -- it's a lot faster than wading through the LDD Parts Palette trying to find it. Alas, the 11211 "Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Studs on 1 Side" is indeed not in LDD. Also, what are the Lego Part Numbers stamped on your black wheels and tires? It's hard to determine the proper sizes by the tiny eBay image you provided on MOCPages. The LDD Part 32146 (combination wheel + smooth tire) fits, so maybe the only "missing" part in your LDD model is the 11211 part!

The modified LDD .lxf file can be found here via SkyDrive. Thanks for sharing your creation! :thumbup: I see that you've posted it on the Flickr LUGNuts Group -- they will enjoy it!

62361.jpg30663.jpg11211.jpg32146.gif

Actually, those aren't the correct wheels and I didn't use the 11211 piece (The wheels I used have rubber tires, but are the same size). I have updated the instructions on Mocpages.

Actually, those aren't the correct wheels and I didn't use the 11211 piece (The wheels I used have rubber tires, but are the same size). I have updated the instructions on Mocpages.

OK, but when you look at your REAL model, what are the Lego Part Numbers imbossed into the actual wheels? What are the sizes of the rubber tires printed on the sidewall of the tires? MOCPages doesn't say, or offer any hint anymore.

8376571337_50972e1268_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Datsun's Celica, transam prepped :laugh:

Transam.png

Edited by Kierna

On 1/19/2013 at 1:49 AM, Datsun said:

Go here for instructions.

Sorry for resurrecting this post.
Does anyone still have these instructions?
mocpages.com doesn't work anymore. The pages are on the archive.org (https://web.archive.org/web/20151102084405/http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/351607), but sadly the lxf-file is missing.
The user Datsun doesn't seem to be active anymore.

17 minutes ago, _fe_ said:

Sorry for resurrecting this post.
Does anyone still have these instructions?
mocpages.com doesn't work anymore. The pages are on the archive.org (https://web.archive.org/web/20151102084405/http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/351607), but sadly the lxf-file is missing.
The user Datsun doesn't seem to be active anymore.

The instructions were an lxf file and have been reposted by DLuders- check post above. The link posted by DLuders is still active, and I've checked it - the LDD file opens fine (says that 2 bricks have been removed, but I doubt it's anything critical). Seeing as it's a small car, using the hide tool while building it irl should work fine.

Here's the link posted again: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5641CCE2A1CC0886!322 Please note that it may ask you to login into your Microsoft account to download it.

Edited by syclone

Dude! I totally missed that link. Thank you for leading the blind.