Veynom

[MOC] Galactic Communication Tower

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Galactic Communication Tower is a building designed during the Galactic Republic era aiming to provide high-class long-range communication to the administration and military alike.

8319733434_9cbd5f9c1e_z.jpg

Galactic Communication Tower on Endor by Veynom, on Flickr

8319733944_c12231fea6_z.jpg

Galactic Communication Tower by Veynom, on Flickr

Rumors say that the Galactic Communication Tower design later inspired some engineers of the Galactic Empire to build giants shield projectors.

8319734254_1bfff08459_z.jpg

Tower close-up by Veynom, on Flickr

For this MOC, I really wanted to use the huge parabolic plates to create an antenna instead of an UFO.

8319735260_ae07ea4862_z.jpg

Tower antenna by Veynom, on Flickr

8319735394_34a2378c7b_z.jpg

Rearside of the antenna by Veynom, on Flickr

The door is something that took some time to come but in the end, I am not disappointed by the result.

8320346499_b703b78a6e_z.jpg

Tower body by Veynom, on Flickr

And if we zoom in:

8321402838_1a9bac14ef_z.jpg

Tower entrance by Veynom, on Flickr

And here is a first attempt at picturing this tower on some random forest moon.

8318676059_bde51fa0d6_z.jpg

GalCom Tower in the forest by Veynom, on Flickr

And before anyone asks, the logo on the front door is the one of the Galactic Republic, not the one of the Galactic Empire. ;)

Enjoy!

Special thanks to Onasha for the picture editing.

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you made the main dish :wub: In a Battle of Endor Diorama would be certainly a great addition too. :wink:

Looks great! I already knew the idea for the sattelite, so the door is my favorite part, I like what you did with those slopes. have you got interior too?

Looks great! I already knew the idea for the sattelite, so the door is my favorite part, I like what you did with those slopes. have you got interior too?

Interior ... well, to be honest ... it is basic for the top floor and inexistent for the rest. I simply lacked for bricks. ;)

I really like the symmetry of the tower, espacially with all it's geometric protrusions. That antenna looks especially powerful too. I'd bet they could get the Clone Wars episodes before anyone else in the galaxy. :wink:

Interior ... well, to be honest ... it is basic for the top floor and inexistent for the rest. I simply lacked for bricks. ;)

I understand. this MOC is great with or without interior either way!

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't have spotted that that was the door if you hadn't mentioned it. By being the same shade of grey it just vanishes against the rest of the building. The exterior is very nice though (and unless I'm mistaken, the dish is made from the exterior shell of the original Millenium Falcon, yes?).

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't have spotted that that was the door if you hadn't mentioned it. By being the same shade of grey it just vanishes against the rest of the building. The exterior is very nice though (and unless I'm mistaken, the dish is made from the exterior shell of the original Millenium Falcon, yes?).

To be equally honest, I also feel that something is slightly wrong with the door color. :sick:

You are right about the dish, these come from the original Falcon. Nicely spotted. And this is why they fith so nicely in the theme.