car54

Lego train 3677 trouble shooting

I have the Lego City 3677 Train with remote control.

I've just changed the batteries in the power pack for the first time on the train and I can't get it to work. The green light isn't coming on. I also put batteries from the same pack in the remote control unit and the light comes on in that. I've checked the frequency settings and they both units are set on 1.

The batteries are Varta Longlife Extra alkaline made in Germany.

On the back of the instructions is the train trouble shooting web site but it doesn't seem to work www.lego.com/trains.

Are there any known problems with these units/sets? Any suggestioins on what to do?

Welcome to Eurobricks, car54. :classic: We have a Train Tech forum where such theme-specific questions should be asked. I will move your topic there shortly.

Only about 3 times. My 3 yr daughter has got it going now...all she did was press the green button once, but I had pressed it about 20 times prior. Annoying. When you change the batteries, should it work straight away or is there some kind of 'restart' time?

Thanks.

No it should work straight away, I'm not sure if there is any kind of cutout built into the battery box, I doubt it though. Maybe there is a loose connection or dry joint inside, but hopefully your fault will not re-occur now!