Capt. Redblade

[Flickr find] Officer's furniture by WesVDell

Is your captain's cabin looking a bit dull? Want to spruce up your admiral's office? Decorate your commodore's quarters? Well, now you can, with some wonderful officer's furniture by flickr user WesVDell!

8358424781_6a313ab78f.jpg

Flickr link: Officer's furniture

:jollyroger:

That's me by the way! I was going to post it once my ship-of-the-line was complete but you beat me to the punch. A little more background on this, the couch was an inspiration from the remake of the Charles Morgan in Mystic Seaport. Once I saw it I knew I had to incorporate it into one of my ships. The roll top desk is from the HMS Warrior in one of the officer's rooms, I don't remember specifically which one. The rest are just bits and bobs from various other real life ships. Most 18th century ships would have used hammocks or swinging bed boxes instead of cots but I have seen a few examples of small cots, mainly for landlubbers hitching a ride. Thanks for the blog!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

That's me by the way! I was going to post it once my ship-of-the-line was complete but you beat me to the punch. A little more background on this, the couch was an inspiration from the remake of the Charles Morgan in Mystic Seaport. Once I saw it I knew I had to incorporate it into one of my ships. The roll top desk is from the HMS Warrior in one of the officer's rooms, I don't remember specifically which one. The rest are just bits and bobs from various other real life ships. Most 18th century ships would have used hammocks or swinging bed boxes instead of cots but I have seen a few examples of small cots, mainly for landlubbers hitching a ride. Thanks for the blog!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Oh! Had I known it was you, I probably would have left you to it. Still, I guess I saved you the trouble, huh? :grin:

Wow... this is fantastic! Well done :thumbup: Coatrack is my favorite :sweet:

That couch, desk, and table are AWESOME!

And I may try reducing the globe base as well. I was disappointed by how big the thing was, it took up the entire cabin on every single one of my ships!