Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

Star Wars Sub Set Parts?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

You know there are plenty of sites that offer instructions and set listings for Star Wars sites. Bricklink etal.

I can't seem to find a site that has a breakdown of sub -sets

By this I mean individual items built in the sets

For example a random year 2007 had only 17 sets in it.

But of those only 15 where Regular sets

In those sets they also include the following items:

1 STAP

1 Gun Platform

1 Vulture Droid

1 Droidika (Which BL actually counts as a mini figure

1 Trade Federation Speeder with interchangeable Cargo

1 Sith Speeder

1 Micro Flyer (Look it up)

1 Hoth Cannon

1 Rebel Snow Speeder

1 Probe Droid,

1 Crane,

and I am sure I am missing much more

But I want more than one copy of some of the sub sets of those sets - More than one Vulture Droid for example or more than one Sith Speeder I have to go and figure out what parts are in it by looking at the complete inventory and then breaking out the instructions add the complete set to my wanted list and then remove the pieces that aren't in the subset or just add the pieces to a wanted list individulally.

Is there a site that has just the sub sets? - I complained to Bricklink about it awhile back admins wouldn't even count Exo-Force Brickbuilt droids as Minifigures (which I think they are)

I was hoping a site would breakdown the sub parts so I don't have to reinvent the wheel over and over everytime I want to add a 2007 Model STAP to my collection or a 1999 Rebel Repair Speeder from the X-Wing

Is it just me or using a modular approach would have made much more sense (especially considering how many ppl on BL sell a BARC speeder with Sidecar without the rest of the set for example)

I can't be the only one who thinks that there should be a comprehensive way to just add minor items to your collection easily after all I can't be the only one who always gets 3 Vulture Droids considering that they outnumber N-1's repeat with the AT-ST from 8038 and so many other sets.

Anyways I would be grateful if you can point me in the direction of a site that I can reference that breaks down the sets into separate components/compartments/modules

I also think it would have been handy if Bricklink has this feature.

I also think it would have been handy if Bricklink has this feature.

It isn't a matter if they have the feature (they use it already for Super sets & Advent sets) it is actually using the feature the right way implementing it so that the sets would be broken down into more manageable chunks - crowd sourced means it would take no time to actually go back and cover all the sets already made - oh well I guess I am the idiot for missing something on the obvious...