Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Show off your Armies!

Army building has long been one of the favorite activities of Lego enthusiasts, with one of the first well known army builders being the Knights Procession set. Since then I'm sure we've all seen some armies that tell a lot about their owners. Some are customs, and some are direct copies of figures. I've seen one or two EB army pics, but I figured we could have a place to post ours!

Just a few rules before posting:

1. Please make sure the images are small. Some people may have internet access that makes loading pages with large images a real pain.

2. If you update your army, or start a new one, instead of making a new post, just edit your first post.

3. Remember to deeplink the pictures since most won't be moderated by the time they're posted.

4. There is no number 4 :-P

Feel free to give a little background too!

I'll start the thread off (also, please don't mind the setting of my pics, I took them when I was home on the kitchen table). First my Dragon Knight army. Led by a Mage King, this army seeks utter domination of the land. Their army isn't the strongest yet, or the most well put together, but it is growing steadily and could become a fearsome force over time

dsc_00090001.jpg

Next is another army that opposes the Dragon Knights and competes for domination, the Armies of the Necromancer. He calls back the souls of the dead to their bones, and they take up arms against those that they once walked among. They have little will of their own, but are fearsome opponents: fast, strong, and their bones need to be shattered for them to be taken out. Four special warriors serve as his generals, and wield the weapons of a double bladed axe, a greatsword, a spear, and a katana. Keep in mind that the armies are from the dead soldiers of many other armies, so there is great variation in weapon choice, fighting style, armor, and helms. Beyond those four is another Shadow General, a former assassin who wields two knives as well as a large black scimitar on his back, known in life as the Heavyblade assassin. Even further beyond are two more souls. One is a black skeleton, the pinnacle of what a necromancer can summon, these black skeletons are the underworld's elite, ripped from hell itself and restored to their bones. The evil they've done and that they've absorbed in hell turns their bones as black as their soul. Finally the last one is a soul that the Necromancer gives free will, but has altered his mind. He fooled this poor soul into believing that he is the Grim Reaper, and gave him one of the three great swords.

The three great swords are the Muramasa (the sword from hell), the Masamura (the sword from heaven), and the Demon's Bane (the sword from the mortal realm). The Demon's Bane is immensely powerful, but still lost to the ages. The Masamura is similarly lost, but always remains equal in power to the Muramasa via the link they share. The Muramasa gains power by sapping all life from whoever it touches, even its wielder. To solve this, the man became a Necromancer in order to summon creatures who could wield this sword for him, creatures who had no energy to drain. This false reaper travels the land, taking life as he sees fit to maintain the "natural order".

dsc_00100001.jpg

dsc_00110001_1.jpg

Here's my Space army. This area of my "universe" is a parallel almost to the one from Star Wars (not so much in plot, but because I was lazy). Meaning there is an Empire, there is a Rebellion, and there are Stormtroopers. However everything else is different. Here is the space army:

dsc_00120001.jpg

While most of those may seem to be stormtroopers, the back left area is comprised entirely of custom soldiers, who I'm currently trying to make more of. As for the stormies, I've considered replacing their helms to make them less "stolen" from Star Wars, but those things are expensive...eh

A shot of one of the custom troops:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/starwars...sc_00130001.jpg

So please, share with us your armies!

What armies are you reffering to SW4J ? All kind of themes or just Castles ?

I think we could have one thread per theme IMO :-P

*yoda*

Well, I meant all types. I've seen one or two topics with people showing their armies, and I figured maybe a place for everyone to share theirs would be a good idea. If you don't think so just lock it though

Does it have to be theme armies? I have a pretty good rebel (not SW) army happening right now...

Not at all, it can be any army you feel like posting

nice undead army SW4J... so i assume your looking forward to the 07 castle line :-D

i like this thread, i wanta see some armies !!!

i'll start off by posting the one photo i have...

calvary_army01_forum_signature.jpg

:-D :-D :-D its my signature

i'll have to update it (with full army) when i get a chance at some photos ;-)

- BrickMiner

Well, I meant all types. I've seen one or two topics with people showing their armies, and I figured maybe a place for everyone to share theirs would be a good idea. If you don't think so just lock it though

Why would I do that ?? Mine will be posted be assured of that when I have the time to take pics of them ;-) (they shall include city, castle and off course SW) ;-)

Let the showing off begin :-D

*yoda*

I really enjoy setting up my troops after I have built a castle, in order to have a siege (though it seems to be happening a lot less these days). The "look" of a medieval army is quite beautiful to me, in spite of the gore of battle.

First are my Black Falcons, a favourite among LEGO fans (BF's in general, not just mine). I like the black euro armour for the mounted knights.

bf1.jpg

Next are almost my favourite, Lion Knights, Crusaders...or as I have made them, English. I love the kettle helm

english6.jpg

Want to strike fear into your enemies? Send in the Urukai!

urukai2.jpg

With all of my "Castle world" armies, I focus on the time period before gunpowder was introduced to Europe, anything 1000AD to 1350AD will do for me.

As aforementioned, my English are almost my favourite, which is because it looks as if the 2007 Castle line will be most impressive, and quite possibly my favourite.

Troy, you might want to try an idea I've been toying with. Instead of having the BF torso under the Euroarmor (a bit of a waste), why not throw in a generic chain mail suit under it, and apply a BF decal to the black Euroarmor? I've been meaning to do so for awhile (and talked with Kamino about it once or twice), but so far finances have kept me from it. Your BF army just makes me lose all hope in having a decent one though :-P

@ Starwars4J Actually under the armour I have blue non-castle torsos to prevent the "wastage" that you and I are both aware of ;-)

I have this army as well;

dsc00470.jpg

I have since changed the legs and added another 20 or so. It will be the next one I set up and take updated pics of (midterms and assignments plus work in the next couple of weeks, so may be a while)

Brickshelf Gallery http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TroyTMoore

LOLROTF. My army is not a big one.It consists of 7 stormies(At-St driver,Stormies x2,Sandies x2, TIE pilots x3). But when I get that hoth base.....The rebels have no chance!(Actually at the moment the only rebel I have is R2-D2!). So Ill post picss of my clone,droid and storm trooper armies soon.

Wow, people have some very impressive armies! Do racing driver mini figs count?

Put weapons on their hands and they are an army =p

Just joking :-D

I would love to see your Race Driver army/horde. I once contemplated of getting an army of those guys...

:-)

Here is an old pic of my wolfpack army:

wolfpack1.jpg

I've added another 100 or so since then.

Someday I may get around to showing my 1,800+ Ninja army. X-D

Wow thats an impressive army, though i have did they all have the same father? X-D ;-)

Here's my army :-P

407438464_2fd2e3aa91.jpg

But seriously, I don't really have a large quantity of a certain fig body to make an army. I find fig armies a bit overrated, and would rather have an army of vehicles.

-l2k-

Put weapons on their hands and they are an army =p

Just joking :-D

I would love to see your Race Driver army/horde. I once contemplated of getting an army of those guys...

:-)

Okay- pics should be up tommorow morning. I may have a couple of rare ones now because i have the schumi and rubinio (rubens) figures- rubenio has gone to honda and schumi has retired

Well sure, an army's an army :-D

Yeah- i guess. :-D

I'm kinda with lego2000 here- in an army i'd want power with tanks and proper battle machines than just people.

Well that's the thing. Due to parts limitations, it's often difficult to make 50 or so fighters that are the same, along with 20 or so capital ships/tanks, etc. That's why people use armies instead. And besides, most armies ARE situated in the past ;-)

Now let's try to keep this on topic :-P

Sure...but you have to admit, if you are fighting an army with loads of tanks and so on, and men with guns, you don't want to be standing there with wooden sheilds and pitch forks do you now? You have to have some machinery.