I finally got around to posting this thing. I feel bad that I wasn't able to enter, especially since I felt that this was one of my best builds yet! All I have now are pics and descriptions. The Story portion of it shall be in The Dawn of Ages.

Deep within Llyria there is a small Red Inn that is regarded as the most elegant place of stay in Varlyrio. Even though it is elegant, it has the simple name of, "The Red Inn." Outside of its door is a farmers market, stocked fresh every day. Here the Varlyrion women share the latest gossip, and shop to their content.

red_inn.jpg

red_canal.jpg

As you can see, it is quite busy today.

dat_baeb.jpg

This Varlyrion Gem is admiring herself above the busy canals below.

lonely_fisherman.jpg

Perhaps this man doesn't know about how "fish-friendly" canals can be...

Just after the canal bridge is the Farmers market.

poor_zach.jpg

There seems to be some sort of problem there though. One of the Garra is seizing a rich Avalonian Tourist!

Perhaps he is rioting about how is reservation at the Red Inn restaurant was already taken.

om_nom.jpg

It seems to be Owlan, but it doesn't look like it was his choice.

varlyrion_sportscar.jpg

Away from it all, a young man pushes his small boat along the water.

C&C is always welcome!

Haha great MOC!!! I like it that there is a lot of action! :classic:

Also great job for the colourscheme!

Great job, I like your use of colors and the minifigs are well made. Also great architecture on the half bridge! Keep it up.

Very nice Varlyrio build! The color scheme on the inn works nicely and flowers are a great touch :thumbup:

Too bad you couldn't get it finished in time but free builds are good too :classic:

Great addition to the Varlyrio land/cityscape. Interesting action going on and nice choice of colors!

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Very nice Varlyrio build! The color scheme on the inn works nicely and flowers are a great touch :thumbup:

Too bad you couldn't get it finished in time but free builds are good too :classic:

I have a confession to make. It was finished a day before the contest ended. :cry_sad: The next day, the weather was wonderful. Real life happened though, and I delayed the photoshoot for my next available day. Then procrastination, yadda, yadda, yadda. Eventually I took pics and now it is headed for the deconstruction pile along with the Petraea Astronomers Tower. Both fun builds, but hopefully I will have just as much fun with the next ones.

Thank you all for your kind comments!

I have a confession to make. It was finished a day before the contest ended. :cry_sad: The next day, the weather was wonderful. Real life happened though, and I delayed the photoshoot for my next available day. Then procrastination, yadda, yadda, yadda. Eventually I took pics and now it is headed for the deconstruction pile along with the Petraea Astronomers Tower. Both fun builds, but hopefully I will have just as much fun with the next ones.

I understand completely, it's so much easier for me to build than take pics... for example I still have a GARC racer I finished before Christmas that I haven't photographed yet :blush:

Gimli's :classic:

I guess I need to look at him closer...I have Gimli, but didn't notice how cool his torso is!

Nice job, Mini, dark red is always great and the farmers market area looks great! Somehow the hight of the canal seems a bit too much, but your two little boats are very well done! Nice touch with the vines on the side of the house too! :thumbup:

I agree with Z, this is your best moc yet! I like the different heights, arches and all the other details which gives this a really cool look!

Well done!

This moc looks so nice it really fits the guild.

The minifigs are interesting too.

Excellent job! Like Ecc, I really like the design of the half bridge and you have quite a few interesting details that get my mind thinking about different piece usage. :thumbup: