This is my second entry for Lego Technic Challenge.

Foreword

After posting first entry I understand that it is too simple for challenge. Theme of "pickup" is not enough attractive, because there many pickup sets from TLG (original 9398 also).

After analyzing already posted entries I have made conclusion that most popular creations are based on next body types: pickup offroader, wagon offroader. Both types are usually big and heavy. Since the 9398 chassis has high center of gravity, making high body will decrease stability of final product. Original 9398 set is not based on body of offroader, but on body of light pickup (also called Ute).

No matter how cool entry looks, if it is higher than original set body - it will be unstable at obstacles. Almost all entries (that are based on 9398 chassis and satisfies all challenge rules) are heavy and UNSTABLE, thats true (I remember only Efferman`s test videos of challenge entries). Many LDD designed entries never tested.

I am really wanted to build big offroader, but it was not easy to make it stable. After analyzing of "what is popular?" I found that Muscle cars are very popular now: many old model names was revived last 10 years (camaro, mustang, challenger, charger). Building modern muscle on crawler chassis meet 2 problems in my mind:

1) modern muscle with lifted suspension and big ballon tires looks ugly

2) building modern muscle needs using of flex axles and other techniques to create rounded shapes. Final product will be not strong enough (body)

After that I found many pictures of lifted classic muscle cars of 50-70's. there are many "squared" model of 50-60's that are easy to create strong (no flex axles) In other hand: TLG have never offered us something like this, only modern supercars.

2012_12_23_%2525202_48.jpg

Lets move to my entry.

The BOSS

2012_12_23_%2525202_%2525208.jpg

As I said, this is classic car with squared shapes. It is strong, even while rolling on roof. Roof is powered inside the saloon to be strong.

Body is 2 door 4 seater coupe with long bonnet and trunk. Original shape of door was inspired by some real models. Flat lines are boring, i needed some complex lines.

2012_12_23_%2525202_10.jpg

In my mind this car is powered by big block v8. So I applied a self-made sticker "v8" to side panels.4 Exhaust pipes are on the side of the car (2 for each side). Side placing of pipes is better for such type of car: crawler can damage front and rear overhangs while driving big-angled obstacles. Pipes are metallic gray. Hope TLG made them chromed:) There is a little spoiler at the back. Such type of spoilers was standard thing on some cars of that time.

Doors are opening and locking. There is no way for them to open while driving obstacles and rolling. Trunk door can be opened, but there is no bottom at the trunk (but possible).

2012_12_23_%2525202_%2525206.jpg

"Opening trunk" is needed for free body lifting: back is long, and rotating point is in the trunk, so lifting body with closed trunk is impossible.

Bumpers of the car are classic style gray. Hope TLG will make them metallic or chromed.

Car includes some additional equipment:

1) front bar

2) front winch. Winch is hided under the bonnet after front grille. It is compact and powerful. Winch is motorized by medium PF motor. It is powerful enough to lift car in the air. Motor is powered by additional IR receiver

3) roof bar with 4 additional lights

4) LED lamps at front lights. Powered from second channel of additional IR receiver.

Unfortunately I dont have enough other than black details. My entry is black with yellow stripes. But I wish TLG to make BLUE with WHITE stripes or WHITE with BLUE stripes, ORANGE with BLACK stripes. First variant is preferable. So we can receive many blue panels, liftarms and connectors. White is also good, but a) looks GLAMOUR, b) coming in 2013 grand prix racer will give us many white details...

My next wish is: bigger and wider balloon tires. Power pullers are the best (they give 9398 chassis phenomenal stability) but we need something with the same size and lighter weight (to prevent transmission from overload)

2012_12_23_%2525202_%2525207.jpg

2012_12_23_%2525202_52.jpg

I need 1-2 days for posting video. Wait a little.

Hope you like my entry. Please vote here, for the dream to come true:)

VOTE HERE

Edited by rm8

Nice effort in explaining with details! I believe having Chrome fitting on the exhaust, rims, front bar, front & rear bumper, roof rack, side mirrors and headlamp & taillamp base will complete the overall makeover.

awesome, definitely one of the best, you got my vote :thumbup: So many great entries, but only one can win, it's going to be hard finally deciding on what model to vote for in the finals...

If the Interceptor from Mad Max 2 had survived into Beyond Thunderdome it would look just like your car.

xa13.jpg

This the car it was based on. Ford XA Falcon coupe from Australia.

cheers

Surly

Edited by Surly

Very great entry RM8 you gote mine vote, firts i whas thinking you build a mussle car, but then i see you teaser and the result it stunning :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edit: i just wanted vote for you on the lego site but your entry is not there???

Edited by VFracingteam

Thank you for feedback.

My entry is not moderated yet (pending status).

Is it allowed to print web links at pictures? Impossible to fit all fotos at 5 pics:(

Edited by rm8

Lego.com:

"Your project has been rejected. You must edit it before submitting it again.

Rejection message: Your creation cannot contain copied material"

What does it mean?

I think they think this is a plaglarized entry, which it definitely isnt.... :angry: That is just NOT ON... Great model rm8 :wub:, its a shame lego are being so stupid

Edited by legomuppet9

Amazing the first time Lego see a copy before us and goes wrong...

I think they think this is a plaglarized entry, which it definitely isnt.... :angry: That is just NOT ON... Great model rm8 :wub:, its a shame lego are being so stupid

Thanks for support guys,

My only idea why they see copy: face looks like dodge charger. But chevelle, impala, el camino..and even lada 2106 and bmw also have doubled rounded lights...?! I can modify it according to my last topic with many variants of grille and lights..I did not use any blueprint of real car, while building this car, just inspiring by muscle cars pictures in google.

Nicely done! Looks like a monster truck. But dont copy the real car too literaly due to copyright stuff?

Do you think it looks like copy?

New rejection:

Your project has been rejected. You must edit it before submitting it again.

Rejection message: Your creation cannot contain pictures of real people or personal information.

I think Personal information is link to my page...

Looks really good. I like the front and rear views. :classic:

Do not submit pictures of original cars, only your creation to avoid rejection due to copyright. Or make just basic submission so that you can gather votes and "fine" tune the pictures later.

Try to uploads direct from your camera to lego, mayby that will help

Looks really good. I like the front and rear views. :classic:

Do not submit pictures of original cars, only your creation to avoid rejection due to copyright. Or make just basic submission so that you can gather votes and "fine" tune the pictures later.

Just removed link to my site vk.com/technic_club, where other fotos can be found...

Waiting for moderation again...

Another rejection:"server error, or file corrupted, try again"

Edited by rm8