Sign in to follow this  
vexorian

So, I modded XT4, and...

No offense, but I can't really call "rotating the head" a mod. Sorry

Well, you also shortened the legs. Meh, good enough for me.

Edited by Jetrax99

Well, I can see you shortened the legs, turned his head sideways and did something with his laser thingy.

That's about enough difference, well done!

Good proof of you being completely insane (that´s a complement, BTW). Seriously though, good joke.

Edited by DraikNova

I just wanted to show how much better this looks (to me) than original XT4.

Well, I can see you shortened the legs, turned his head sideways and did something with his laser thingy.

That's about enough difference, well done!

Didn't touch the laser.

Personally, I much prefer the gangly proportions and asymmetry of the original XT4. Giving him more humanoid proportions and symmetry just takes away a lot of his personality IMO.

With that said, I do appreciate that he maintains the unity of XT4's color scheme. And twisting the head 90 degrees is a very novel idea. IMO not nearly enough MOCists have done creative things with that head piece.

I didn't really give him symmetry. Oh, the pic does not allow us to see that it has the arms in the usual positions.

I think XT4's personality is more about having tons of arms like a swiss army knife. I pondered on the thought on giving it more tool arms instead of legs.

My main problem with the legs were the lack of armor in the gray bits, when the legs are long it becomes too noticeable.

I didn't really give him symmetry. Oh, the pic does not allow us to see that it has the arms in the usual positions.

I think XT4's personality is more about having tons of arms like a swiss army knife. I pondered on the thought on giving it more tool arms instead of legs.

My main problem with the legs were the lack of armor in the gray bits, when the legs are long it becomes too noticeable.

Oh, OK, I'm seeing that now. The pose was throwing me off. I suppose it's really my fault for not looking hard enough, since if I had paid attention I probably would have noticed where the limbs were connecting.

The idea of giving him more tool arms is pretty neat, though it'd be a challenge to pull off without making him look cluttered. It might require a larger torso beam so the arms could be spread out more. I agree the "living swiss army knife" idea is a big part of what makes XT4 so interesting-- certainly XT4's crazy weapons excited me much more than Waspix's extra limbs, which just ended in fairly uniform claws and barbs.

I personally like the lack of armor on XT4's limbs because coupled with the light gray color which allows for a strong range of light and dark values, it makes his texture look very mechanical. It's a very novel way of making a figure in a world of robots look even more robotic and industrial-looking than the norm. But of course opinions differ; I can see how some people would rather not call attention to more bare-bones (literally!) parts of a model.

Edited by Aanchir

The idea of giving him more tool arms is pretty neat, though it'd be a challenge to pull off without making him look cluttered. It might require a larger torso beam so the arms could be spread out more. I agree the "living swiss army knife" idea is a big part of what makes XT4 so interesting-- certainly XT4's crazy weapons excited me much more than Waspix's extra limbs, which just ended in fairly uniform claws and barbs.

Exactly what I´m trying. The larger torso allows for the armor to not cover the entire torso, as with the original XT4. Any ideas for extra tools?