I stood in the rocky cave, my hands grasping the ruby by my side. Slowly I relaxed, letting it down. The cave was breathtakingly splendid, I thought. Rock, everywhere, all around me. A faint reddish hue shimmered in the corners, reflecting the circle of lava before me, though the only other light came from the hole I had entered through. As I gazed, I realized that the light was becoming dimmer, and suddenly a stone rattled on the ground behind me. I froze, but it was only for a second. Then I whirled around, instinctively holing the diamond behind me with both hands. "You should have known better than to come here. You will never destroy it!"

"I won't, will I? You are too late!" I sprang backwards; another inch and I would be able to drop the precious diamond - the ruby that contained the secrets for the destruction of the world - back into the pure lava it had come from. But he was too fast for me; with a sudden twist I was on my back - I made an effort to jump up, but he threw me back into the farthest recesses of the cave. I lay there; I could bear it no longer - covering my face in my hands, I waited for the inevitable.

8280510003_72a95bfeca_z.jpg

He moved slowly, almost as though daring me to try to stop him. The ruby was within his grasp; he had it now, and I watched, held there by a horrifying sort of fascination. With a sudden movement, he drew out the sword - the one thing, in all the world, that could capture the power of the ruby. The two were together, finally, and all time seemed to hold its breath for a few seconds. Then, with a loud noise, almost a groan, as though saddened for the power that was to be released, the ruby cemented itself in place, the red of its crystal reflecting in the eyes of my antagonist. He turned and held the sword up, we were both almost trembling in expectation - and then, with hardly a sound, the first drop fell.

8281564822_c3e205fa10_z.jpg

It was only a drop, and it seemed as though nothing had happened, but soon the cave floor had turned blood red. With horror I saw it spread to the walls, climbing ever upward, stopping for nothing and no one. Then the first beam of light shot out, and soon, in all directions, the cave was lit up as though the sun had broken into it at last, and was reaching even this desolate place with its rays. The light blinded me; I could not look, I could not even hear; at last all my powers of concentration left me, and I knew what happened no longer.

And here is a photo of the build without the effects:

8281565108_c4807681c7_z.jpg

Maybe I'll do a follow up MOC if the world doesn't end... but that's not a promise!

Comments are welcome, I hope you enjoyed it!

Very nice cave! Rock work fantastic! Interesting stlagtites and stlagmites. The special effects really add to the scene, but it is also nice to see the MOC without the effects as well.

is that a "lava lamp" as part of his tool?

Looking forward to he follow-up build on Dec. 22 <vbg>

Andy D

...is that a "lava lamp" as part of his tool?...

Not exactly, more like a powerful something that will blast the world apart... :grin:

...Looking forward to he follow-up build on Dec. 22 <vbg>

Andy D

:oh3: Some one took me seriously! *oh2*:laugh: (I have no idea what I'll do. But I think I should be able to come up with something... if I can have until January! :laugh: Thanks!

Awesome!

Short but sweet. :sweet: Thanks!

A great story and excellent presentation. Well done!

Thanks! I really have no idea how I'll be able to turn the story around (since I'm pretty sure the world won't end... :laugh: ).