Sign in to follow this  
Electricsteam

Favorite G1 Bionicle Set?

Axxon, big time! My second favorite would have to be Hydraxon. What can i say, like articulated hands!

My favorite has got to be Kardas. A deadly dragon with an insane owner who treats it like a four day-old puppy. Awesome.

It'll be hard for me to pick one set, but my favorites in no particular order are: Vezon, Nocturn, Tuma, Hydraxon, Carapar, Icarax, Tahu (08), Lewa (08), and Mata Nui.

My all time favorites include most of the Toa Mata(it took a while for Pohatu to grow on me), Axonn, Keetongu, Mata-Nui (the Glatorian), Ackar(he's such a mofo, and according to Greg, his looks inspired the Great Beings, which is why Tahu looks the way he does apparently), Gali as a character, Roodaka, ...

It's hard for me to narrow down the list. I have so many favorites.

I loved the sets, I loved the story and the characters in it, and I always will.

I have a big soft spot for the Rahkshi. I feel that their build never really became or looked dated.

Lerahk was my favorite Rahkshi. Though, Vorahk's staff piece is one of my favorite Bionicle pieces.

Someday, I would love to make a dark green Rahkshi, all the pieces have been made in that color.

And it looks like someone else had that idea: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3520594

That's a tough decision, I liked almost all of them but if I were to narrow it all down...

*Mata Nui (Glatorian Version)

*Kiina

*Tahu

*Takanuva

*Matoro

*Hahli

*Helryx

*The Rahaga/Toa Hagah

and yet even with this list, it is hard for me to decide still...

I know I'll probably be alone here, but any one of the Mahri toa really were great imo.

You're not. Though I got only three of them (Jaller, Hewkii and Hahli), I really liked the Mahri for various reasons. The new blasters were fun, they used masks similiar to these of the Toa Metru (I never really liked the rubber masks of the Inika) and all of them looked somewhat unique.

It still irks me that I passed the other three...

Character-wise, Lewa all the way and his design throughout the years were cool too.

I also loved the designs of the Bohrok and Lesovikk is really cool too

Man, I was looking through the pictures of the sets on Brickset, and the nostalgic feelings :cry_happy:

Axxon, big time! My second favorite would have to be Hydraxon. What can i say, like articulated hands!

count me in on Axonn ! he's my favourite as well. reason? nothing particular. he's just full of awesomeness!! for me, at least.

Edited by bacem

Axonn is brill, but Brutaka..

While the color scheme is great, and the sword awesome, something just lacked in Brutaka(in my opinion), versus Axonn.

I'd actually have the set in my hands to decide otherwise... or see a video review.

Also, it sucks that in the story, Botar(Axonn and Brutaka's sets combine to make this being) dies. He's such an imposing figure, but I guess he could only be taken so far.

Axonn is brill, but Brutaka..

While the color scheme is great, and the sword awesome, something just lacked in Brutaka(in my opinion), versus Axonn.

I'd actually have the set in my hands to decide otherwise... or see a video review.

Also, it sucks that in the story, Botar(Axonn and Brutaka's sets combine to make this being) dies. He's such an imposing figure, but I guess he could only be taken so far.

Brutaka is actually one of my favorite titan sets. His build is magnificently streamlined, unlike Axxon's which has a lot of blocky sections and parts that don't quite mesh together.

My favorite set overall? Hard to say. I have never been good at picking favorites. I really love Rockoh T3 (both the vehicle itself and the Pohatu figure). But as far as sculptural brilliance is concerned, I think Roodaka, Brutaka, and the 2008 Takanuva are all contenders.

Are we talking about a characters...well, character, like traits, attitude, ideals, etc? Or build?

In terms of characterization, I like vezon the best. He has so much personality, is so versatile,and I am a huge fan of extremely dark and twisted characters, so Vezon takes the cake.

Build wise, I think the most well constructed set is the Kardas Dragon(Yes I know it's a combiner, but it was available as a boxed set, so close enough for me) Its design was superb, especially for being a combiner, was huge, and pulled off what it needed to do super effectively.