Sign in to follow this  
J4ke

Republic Gunboat

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

8148921944_ffe22e19a8.jpg

Well, I didn't really intend to, but I built Star Wars. Not based on anything in particular, just a generic light cruiser/whatever from some generic era. Oh well. It still looks cool. For what it's worth, it probably fits in best with the Old republic/ KOTOR era, with the wide cockpit and general curviness. I was quite inspired by the Republic shuttly thing in TOR.

So yeah, rather pleased with this. Angles, curves, nifty cockpit orientation... fun stuff all around.

More pics here.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Really nice build! I like the overall shape and the clean colour layout. Also those little flap side doors towards the back are very cool... I could easily see this being the Republic Gunship's brother. Any interior other than the cockpit?

Great work!

Nice pleasing shapes going on there J4ke, especially the cockpit caught my interest! Add to that lots of nice details and a good solid color scheme and you end up with a great MOC. Well done! :thumbup:

Really nice ship :thumbup: :thumbup:

Recall perfectly the Corellian style in the shape and in the colors :wink: :wink:

Thanks all.

There's no interior, because I accidentally made it too short inside for a minifig to stand up in. So there didn't seem any point in filling out the interior. As a consequence, it's really light, and swooshes excellently.

It's really nice. The shape and the colorscheme are great. Maybe a little too many guns for a starwars ship of that size :wink:

Thanks!

As for the armament... 2 quad-lasers and 4 lasers isn't that excessive... since I imagine that the 4 little ones are more for point-defense, leaving the quads to focus on larger targets.

This is very impressive. The curves and the blockyness of the cockpit really accent the craft. You've done an excellent job building this. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png