Sign in to follow this  
prateek

4939 Cool Cars

OK so this is my first review so it might not sound right. sorry no pics but i might add some later.

I got this set as a belated christmas present from my parents. When i got home, the first thing i did was build it. for some reason, i had a hard time opening the box, there were two preforated tabs to open but i didnt use them. anyway the box was cool. one thing to point out is that there is a parts list on the top of the box! *y* On the front and back it showed the features of the set and the other models too.

So when you dump out every thing, you find three bags of parts and two books. to me this set is helpful because there are 38 1x1 2/3 slopey things in here. the yellow and the black parts were also useful. i also finally got good wheels X-D . there are also 2-3 1x1 silver round plates

Now to talk about the main model. when i first saw this i imediatly thought it looked like a lamborghini diablo. that is a good thing btw. the building process was smooth except when i got confused with the black and grey at the beginning. when you are done, it is SOOOOOO sturdy. the features on this are awesome. there are gull wing doors, nice interior, and an opening hood. the bad thing about the hood is that there is NO ENGINE, so i made one.

Overall: get at least one (nice price too $14.99 CAD/ $9.99 USD)

Box: 9/10

Parts: 10/10

Worthiness: 10/10

Model: 9/10

Overall: 9.5/10 *y* *y* *y*

Hey guys. I got Cool Cars a bit ago, so I thought I would give a review for this set.

First I will start with the box art.

legos_039.jpg

legos_041.jpg

And the instruction booklet.

legos_051.jpg

This was the first Creator set that I ever got. The cars, sweet doors, and cheap price all called out to me. So I will start with the main model. I will post the other two models that you can also build tomorrow.

legos_043.jpg

The front of the car was really well designed, as was the rest of the model. I love all the transparent pieces that come with the set.

legos_044.jpg

At the top of the car, you can see how easily but good the door mechanism works.

legos_045.jpg

The doors were what really got me to buy this set. They even have cool windows.

legos_046.jpg

This is what it looks like when you open the doors. I really like the doors.

legos_047.jpg

The trunk opens too, and belive it or not, there is actually space to put stuff in there.

legos_049.jpg

And here are the seats of the car. There is also a steering wheel and a analog stick. Not bad for a small car.

legos_050.jpg

Hope you liked my review. I will try to get around to posting the next two vehicles tomorrow.

Thanks for reading, and I reccomend getting this set. :-)

So do the wheels turn like in the picture? By the looks of the clearance in the front wheel wells, it doesn't look like there's room.

LOL. The wheels definitely turn.

For the money, this is a great little set. Highly recommended as a birthday gift or travel toy. So far my fav set of 2007 (that I have actually bought and built)

Oh, and guys. I have the pics of the other two cars in my BS gallery. I will post them tomorrow, but you can see them early. Just look at my sig. :-)

Steering wheel on the wrong side :'-(

Nope, it's on the right (i.e. correct) side...

Thanks for the review, dill. The main model doesn't look all too bad although I'm more interested in the truck. Wanted to buy it yesterday but the store I went to didn't have it anymore. But as I thought from previous pics it's a must-buy :-)

looks so great! such a clean built small model!

and you gave us some very nice pictures!

i think the truck would be great for minifigs!

i have never got a creator car set but im deffinetly getting this one!!

(if the sets ever come to Greece! we havent seen the new sets here yet!Heck we havent seen batman yet!!)

This is a real good set.

Especially the third model. It looks indead a bit like a Lamborghini Diablo. Something else what I find pretty good about him are the wingdoors, the opening hood and the interior.

The only 'bad' thing about this car is that he's to wide. If he would have been 6 wide ok, now he's as wide as a truck (for example the 7900). And now he can't even pass the bridge from the 7900. For the rest a very good set.

It's worth the money.

Steering wheel on the wrong side :'-(

you can change it easily. and the wheels spin but dont turn btw

All right, here is part two of my review. The other two cars pics can be found here

What I thought about the race car.

I thought the race car was good, but nowhere near the league of the new racers and the ferrari racers either. The build was rather easy, only taking about fifteen minutes. When I finished it, I was rather dissapointed. There weren't too many special features on it. The doors couldn't open, the design was rather mediocre, as was the cockpit. I may buy another Cool Cars set to rebuild this, but it is doubtful. For now, I will just stick with the first car. 7/10

The truck.

I wasn't expecting too much about this truck, but I actually found it pretty good. The truck was very realistic, and I liked how big it was. It also has fairly decent doors. The truck is also very well put together, and didn't break too easily. It is more of a thing for a city person, but since I don't like that theme much I played with it for a bit then put together the sports car. Highly reccomended for people who like LEGO City. I think it should get an 9/10.

Oh,and my decision for the sports car: 9.5 out of ten. They could have done better om the mirrors.

So wheter you are a City or a Racer person, or if you like sports cars, I reccomend getting a couple of these great little sets. Thanks for reading.

I merged prateek's and dillthepill's review threads so we don't have two threads about the same thing ;-)

Oh crap! I forgot to add the other two car pics to my BS gallery! I'll get to it now. Oh, and nice review prateek.

EDIT: The new pics are up now. Enjoy. ;-)

I merged prateek's and dillthepill's review threads so we don't have two threads about the same thing ;-)

THX alot *y*

Can a minifig sit "nicely" into the car ? *sweet*

thanks.

Nope. No headroom whatsoever...

you're welcome. *sweet*

Those are some fine reviews and very, very positive. I just have to object on viewpoints on the box art though. I think it's wrong to show turning front wheels on the main model when the real model can't do so. It is a good set for the value and pieces, but the box is something LEGO shouldn't do again because it is possible to make a working steering mechanism in 8 studs wide.

Can a minifig sit "nicely" into the car ? *sweet*

thanks

When I bought this set I tried and it can only if you take away the roof. It still looks good :-)

Thank you for re-opening the topic robogo!

I have some pictures of that set I bought during my last vacation:

A minifig fits into the alternative truck model (although it