Sign in to follow this  
The_Chosen_1

MOC "Frodo to the Rescue" vignette

Hi guys! Just thought I'd share my first-ever LEGO MOC, entitled "Frodo to the Rescue". I had some help from my 10-year-old little brother on this.

7606492224_986a9cba4a_c.jpg

Link: Frodo to the Rescue

*Sorry for the link, apparently we can't embed Flickr photos? Oh well.

Thank you for posting this! It's always been the most emotional scene of Fellowship of the Ring for me. It brings a tear to my eye! I had been considering MOCing it myself, but your version is great. Everything from the water to the floor of the lake, it's awesome. Thank you again for building it.

Wow! That's not what I was expecting when I clicked the link at all, I was expecting a more conventional approach but the underwater build is awesome. The stacked clear studs look spectacular as water. :wub:

Approved! :wub: :wub:

Sam's expression is perfect for this!

And I think Frodo's face is the "worried" face from his shire version, correct?

Here's an imbedded image for you. Just have to change it to BBCode. :wink:

7606492224_986a9cba4a.jpg

Love the MOC though, the expressions are perfect!

That's amazing! Great job!

I wold say that this is at a tie for most emotional FOTR scene with Boromir's death and redemption.

Again, amazing work! A very interesting way to interpret a great scene!

Your water technique works really well! Frodo and Sam's posing/expressions fit nicely and the fish and plants are nice touches :thumbup:

Very good for a first MOC, I hope you make some more :classic:

I recently watched the first movie for the first time (:blush:) and I seriously was like "NO! Sam can't die! I can't take anymore deaths (but I did just watch Two Towers for the first time a week ago :tongue:), and you captured the scene perfectly. :thumbup:

-Sci

I really like the way you put Sam's cape "upside down" to give the sense he is sinking in the water! The water also looks very nice. There are tons of little details that really bring this together. Great job all around!

Edited by Deathleech

Awesome Moc mate! Love the water and the addition of the fishes to break it up and add some detail!

It's always been the most emotional scene of Fellowship of the Ring for me.

I agree. This, and the scene coming out of the Mines.

Anyways, great MOC! I love the trans studs for water - they're amazing! It looks like the fish are floating as long as you don't look too close. Nice job!

Wow! This is great! I love the water and how you made it using the different kinds of studs. :thumbup:

You and your brother did a great job. this is a great example that a great MOC isn't about the size or the amount of bricks. The size is perfect!

Great Job!

That's a very different way to showing water, creative. Neat little scene, for your first ever MOC, great job! :thumbup:

Wow! I definitely wasn't expecting all the compliments - thank you all! I was quite happy with how this turned out; as some of you said, it's one of the more emotional moments in the trilogy and I hoped to capture just a bit of that.

I really liked how you simulated the water, It looks awesome :cry_happy:

Thanks, Bilbo! I was debating on what technique to use for the water, and in the end this turned out the best for this particular build.

And I think Frodo's face is the "worried" face from his shire version, correct?

You are correct, sir. :wink:

I love it! :wub: Great detial with the water and I like how you made it so the MOC is kind of like in two dimensions: under the water and the surface. Keep up the great work.

Wonderful! I love the water, the use of fish and accessories on the riverbed, the minifigures and their expressions and Sam's cape. Well done! :thumbup: