slovakiasteph

Modular Madness: Brick Home

indexed.gif B-RM-09B

Hi all, I've finished my latest modular, a brick city home. Originally it began as an Italianate building but soon morphed into an architectural style of my own. :classic: I started with just a Victorian-period building but kept adding more Victorian details, so it ended up in that time period. The entire house has gas lamps on the walls.

modular1.jpg

It consists of three floors and an attic. There's also a "cast of characters," so make sure you check out the Bricklink folder too for details: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=508008

modular2.jpg

The first floor holds a entryway (with stair carpet runner and bookshelf under the stairs); living room (with light brick in the fireplace, table, sofa, and chair); dining room (table, four chairs, sideboards, and conservatory-type window), and kitchen (stove, sink, table, and cabinet).

lego_022.jpg

The second floor consists of the hallway with window seat and stairs to the third floor; master bedroom (bed, dresser); and bathroom (cabinet, sink, towel rack, bathtub, and toilet).

lego_039.jpg

On the third floor we find the childrens' bedrooms: the girl's (bed, dollhouse, dolls on wall) and boy's (bed, terarriums, fish tank, and spyglass). There's a rocking horse in the hallway as well.

lego_007.jpg

The attic is where the maid and cook sleep and has a bed and dresser.

Link to brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=508008

Amazing 'slovakiasteph.' I love how part of the building juts out a bit so the facade isn't flat. I really love the victorian style your put into this. :classic:

The interior is just amazing with the kitchen, dining room, bookshelf under the staircase, and even the lamps on the walls. :wub:

Great entry, and good luck on the contest. :wink:

AWESOME work 'slovakiasteph', wonderful exterior and interior.....especially the interior.....and there is a bathroom too ! :thumbup:

Good luck and Brick On ! :sweet:

Especially like the starcase with the book shelf. . . Awesome modular! :wink:

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice house with a family feel! I like the bookshelf which was incorporated into the staircase!

The fireplace is :thumbup: !

My hopes were slightly dashed when I saw this. With the thread title I thought I was going to behold a 'brick' brick home. Nonetheless, this is excellent. Your homes are always top notch and this is no exception. Your attention to detail in regards to interiors is great, so many cool things to look at. I love that staircase and it's nice to see one with an angle. The exterior has a nice look to it too. I like the red with the mix of dark and light grey.

Nicely done, I like the arched windows.

Edited by Sebeus I

Nice job, I like the staircase, the loftspace and also how you put sidelights on many of the walls. :thumbup:

Really nice house ''slovakiasteph''! I would really imagine this house in real life! So many realistic details. Good luck on the contest! :classic:

That's a really nice house. And it's full of interesting details inside. My favourite are the bookshelf under the stairs, the bathroom, and gass lamps throughout the house. I'm not very familiar with Victorian architectural style, however, your house looks great both in- and outside. :thumbup: Good luck in the competition!

I like the grey (light and dark) accents on the exterior and the interiors are even more impressive :thumbup:

The rooms feel very realistic and I can't think of anything you left out! Great work :classic:

The exterior is nice, the interior is excellent! I love all those little details. You've got an eye for furnishing :)

Wow! Another fantastic house...please don't tell us that you did this in an hour, or we'll all have to quit building! Great details as usual.

I have to ask, where did you learn such wonderful English or is it your native language? You explain yourself too well to have learned it as an adult's second language!

Please keep building!

My hopes were slightly dashed when I saw this. With the thread title I thought I was going to behold a 'brick' brick home.

That would have been a "brick brick home." :laugh:

Wow! Another fantastic house...please don't tell us that you did this in an hour, or we'll all have to quit building! Great details as usual.

I have to ask, where did you learn such wonderful English or is it your native language? You explain yourself too well to have learned it as an adult's second language!

Please keep building!

I'm American but have Slovak roots (and Polish and Carpatho-Rusyn). All of my ancestors came from the same 200-mile area of Poland and Austria-Hungary/Czechoslovakia/Slovak Republic... most around the turn of the century.