alex54

Modular Madness : Perfume shop

indexed.gif B-OM-25C

Hey !

I’m glad to present you my entry for the Modular Madness Contest (category 3).

This is an old manufacture from art nouveau area, in which we worked the glass in all its glory.

This is why there are some large windows to let the light entered inside and help the workers to see the colors of their works the best.

But now, those buildings have found a second life with some reconversion.

For my modular, we have a perfume shop on the ground floor and a comfortable apartment above.

I really try to keep the official modular spirit in term of size, building technics used, minifigures choice, and in inside details : not so many with stud floors.

Nothing more to say, so enjoy the pictures :

modular_06_01.jpg

modular_06_02.jpg

modular_06_03.jpg

modular_06_04.jpg

modular_06_05.jpg

More pictures in my BS gallery.

Excellent modular alex54! The exterior styling is fantastic. I like how you used garage slats creating pane glass windows, very elegant. The interior is very nice, as well, not overly crowded. All around a great entry default_classic.gif

One word.....GENIUS !

What a beautiful exterior and that's a lot of roller door panels.....in fact its one of the most clever building ideas I've seen this year.....a huge :thumbup: 'alex54' for your originality and genius ! :grin:

Wonderful interior of the shop and living areas upstairs too.....oh, the glass roof over the pavement is another piece of genius ! :thumbup:

Good luck and Brick On ! :grin:

The window usage is brilliant. Good call. I like the arches and columns too. The interior is fitting for the size, not too crowded.

Building in white is very difficult and I don't know how fitting it is with the rest of the colorful modulars. However, throwing in the brick bricks helps splash some color in there.

You might want to put in a street light on the right side to follow with the rest of the modulars having a street light.

Good luck in the contest. Yours (and others) will make it a really good competition.

Wow! Those windows are incredibly clever and work really well with the rest of the facade. That canopy is stunning as well. I do agree that you have made something consistent with the official modular line, especially with the interiors. Definitely one of the stronger entries so far.

Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

The facade of this building is absolutely lovely, whether it matches the other modulars or not! The use of the masonry bricks is subtle and adds just the right amount of colour - and it's impossible not to comment on those garage door windows. That's probably the most innovative and impressive part of the building. But the glass above the entrance is also very nice, particularly the way you've 'supported' it with those whips. Oh, and I like the way you've attached the fence pieces upside down!

The interiors are good, too. The use of that wedge piece for a blanket is something I haven't seen before, and it's a good idea. I wish you the best of luck in the competition - a competition that has some truly astonishing entries...

Well, my compliments to you Alex54. What a great build. Love the windows. Very creative. The front of the building looks very nice. Very clean and functional. :thumbup::wub:

First off, INGENIOUS use of the garage door window pieces. The white bordering the 'brick' bricks. Stunning work, alex54! :wub:

This is one of the most powerful new modular MOC I have seen in a long time. Some innovative pieces and if this were official model it woe be bought tomorrow

I agree with other comments. The modular is amazingly detailed with the usage of various bricks, some of them rather unusual. The overall look of white building with some 'brick' bricks and reliefing looks great together. Good luck in the contest with this great MOC! :thumbup:

It looks really elegant and beautiful! The colour combinations you got spot on. The design also feels original. Well done!

I saw this first on BTT, and instantly reconised it as yours, Alex. It's brilliant. The glass awning, great use of the garage door peices, and that ornate design at the top of building is simply amazing. Great luck in the contest, and thanks for shairing this with us! :thumbup:

Ha - I knew it! :thumbup:

Wonderful rendition of a classic house with modern details.

The colors used is genius, so are some of the building techniques. :wub_drool:

SNOT and top down building, very clever.

... and I'm stuck on the ground floor.:cry_sad:

Very creative! I love love love the windows! Maybe the interiors are just too minimal, however, great job! :classic:

Thanks a lot for all the great comments, they made my day! :blush:

Wow! Those windows are incredibly clever and work really well with the rest of the facade. That canopy is stunning as well. I do agree that you have made something consistent with the official modular line, especially with the interiors. Definitely one of the stronger entries so far.

Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Thanks a lot for having blogged my modular. This contest is an awfull source for your nice blog (that I look at every week!).

The facade of this building is absolutely lovely, whether it matches the other modulars or not! The use of the masonry bricks is subtle and adds just the right amount of colour - and it's impossible not to comment on those garage door windows. That's probably the most innovative and impressive part of the building. But the glass above the entrance is also very nice, particularly the way you've 'supported' it with those whips. Oh, and I like the way you've attached the fence pieces upside down!

The interiors are good, too. The use of that wedge piece for a blanket is something I haven't seen before, and it's a good idea. I wish you the best of luck in the competition - a competition that has some truly astonishing entries...

The choice of the color theme of a builidng is very important for me.

Before starting to build a house, I imagine it in its general look and proportions and also in its colours.

With this one, I have it in my mind since the begining of this year, after spending some time walking down the street of my town.

I have some real buildings I really like to make in LEGO, but I have to find how to make them in bricks, capturing the essential of their feeling.

And for this old manufactory, I took some inspiration with those two buildings :

33977069.jpg

building on the right, with the asymetric aspect, which gives a nice touch IMO.

pa54000057.jpg

The factory of Émile Gallé, an artiste from Nancy who had made some very nice "art nouveau" glasses work.

The garage doors has come naturally to put some glasses to those large windows.

The glass above was not that easy to do as well.

I have taken some inspirations from a Castor_troy moc :

librairie_3.jpg

But I wanted a steel structure to support the glass.

I have made many tries without good result. It's not that easy to make some neat structures, but finally I have found how to do, and with this art nouveau style!

Very creative! I love love love the windows! Maybe the interiors are just too minimal, however, great job! :classic:

Maybe the interiors are just too minimal compared to other entries, but I try to limit them, like in the other official modulars.

Ha - I knew it! :thumbup:

Wonderful rendition of a classic house with modern details.

The colors used is genius, so are some of the building techniques. :wub_drool:

SNOT and top down building, very clever.

... and I'm stuck on the ground floor.:cry_sad:

Thanks a lot Doctor Holodoc! I'm glad if I don't have disapointed you, it's my personnal victory!

And it's a little off topic, I have just noticed the minifig head in my tags. I don't know who gives it to me, but thanks for that!

HI Alex !

I waited for your entry and I'm not disappointed : very good works.

I like the color, the windows, ... and very clever technic.

Good luck for the context

This looks great, I like the colour choice combination. I like the way you have attached the balcony fences, I agree with the other comments onn great use of the garage door pieces! :thumbup:

Thanks for the last comments!

Can't wait to see all the entries!

:wub:

The exterior detail is superb. I would buy this set if it was a real LEGO set... looks like a fun build.

My goodness this is beautiful. I absolutely love the color choices, letting most of the actual color come from the glass and adding just a splash of brightness to draw the eye. The upside-down Persian half arches at the very top of the building are very striking. The overall proportions are just perfect. I'm not actually a fan of the whips used to visually support the glass on the ground floor - just my opinion, but they feel out of place. It really doesn't detract, and this is just a fantastic build. I love it.