oirad 72

Modular Madness: Striptease Corner

indexed.gif B-OM-27B

Hi everyone!

This is my entry for the Modular Madness Contest in Category 3, my Striptease Corner! I chose this subject because it's kind of original, I think, and something unusual.

A very nice hawaiian lady is dancing for the pleasure of some male minifigures who are willing to pay a lot of money for some more "delight".

It all takes place in a club at the corner of the street: there's almost nobody outside cause the show is the main attraction of the night.

Upstairs there's the apartment of a very wealthy businessman who has traveled all over the world in search of treasures.

Well, enjoy...not too much though! :tongue:

Here's my Flickr link http://www.flickr.com/photos/oirad72/

+YLprzTA_original.jpg

s7u1dWTQ_original.jpg

Let the show begin!

GocvMY9e_original.jpg

while upstairs...

WPGm3bqh_original.jpg

As you can see, the business man is taking a bath thinking about his future treasures and cities to visit. He's the only man in town who is watching the show downstairs!

BxZjf3O__original.jpg

Edited by Phred
Removed picture tags from oversized pictures

Hi everyone!

This is my entry for the Modular Madness Contest in Category 3, my Corner Dance.

Hi oirad 72, I've had to take out the image tags from your pictures as they are massive and violate the site guidelines.

Please edit your post with resized pictures so you can enter the competition. For reference to the site guidelines, and tips on how to resize pictures, please see the links in my signature. Thanks. :classic:

Hi oirad 72, I've had to take out the image tags from your pictures as they are massive and violate the site guidelines.

Please edit your post with resized pictures so you can enter the competition. For reference to the site guidelines, and tips on how to resize pictures, please see the links in my signature. Thanks. :classic:

Done, I hope! I'm sorry but when it comes to technology, I suck! :sceptic:

Nice one. I'm not too fond of the colour choices for the exterior and interior of the ground floor, but the other two are pure class. The interiors are very well designed, but what I like most is those flower boxes on the corners. Very good use of those robot arms, horns and (I assume) hoses.

Great entry 'oirad 72', simple exterior detailing but with mega-interior detailing.....though I some how do think Lego would ever make a pole dance club even ever ! :laugh:

Gee, that girl is really earning a lot of 100 buck tips ! :laugh:

Good luck and Brick On 'oirad 72' ! :classic:

Very original theme and very well built! The pole dance is really fun, and I love the furniture upstairs! Great ideas! :thumbup:

This is a phenomenal entry. I really love how the colors blend so well with the detail on the facade. :wub:

The detail on the interior is just as good. I now need to make sure my son doesn't see the interior. :tongue:

Anyways, good luck in the contest. :classic:

Awesome, I love your take on the category, it's bold and you have the quality to justify the Idea, great job :thumbup:

Edited by Sebeus I

Really cool building ''oirad 72''! Really like the details and the colors. Although, i think this need a security guard, to check the (mainly fake :laugh:) ID's. Good luck on the contest! :classic:

Even though, I think the colour scheme is indeed a bit too bright, I absolutely love the whacky idea behind the building!

The creative use of parts on the exterior and the detailed interior truly are the highlights here!

I think the use of bright colors to emphasize the lively nature of the setting could have been employed better through attention focused on 2 areas of the color wheel. For example, if for the primary scheme of the first floor you'd have chosen blue, then its complement would be orange trim. A translucent orange (neon) sign would have been a nice touch. If the upper floors are to be subdued in comparison, neutral (black or white) window sills would have blended better with the sand/brick yellow (tan) without diverting the eye from the contrast established on the ground floor.

Lastly, the content borders tastefulness, but by saying this I acknowledge my entry was just as guilty.

Edited by RoxYourBlox