Sign in to follow this  
Norro

The Entrance To The Caves

A MOCtale* part 1:

zzlink.jpg

Every legend begins with a little greed...

This one begins with a lot...

Tis a tale of two brothers; one wise and the other foolish... Foolish enough to believe a traveler's tale of a vast treasure horde... Nine chests, of such bountiful wealth that they could only be transported by a stone cart, buried deep in a secret shaft of a lost mine, whose owners had been overtaken by a terrible fate...

Two long years without word passed, and then the eight greatest warriors of the clan set out with their Chieftain to find this lost mine. For a brother is a brother, no matter how foolish...

Stand at the entrance, dare to find,

who can tell what awaits at the:

Entrance To The Caves

------

* A MOCtale is a story told by MOCs of its pivotal scenes...

-----

About this particular MOC:

I'm very pleased with the way this turned out, I've never built a cut-away MOC before and there are also a lot of features packed into the relatively small space of this model. It is the first in a series I have planned to complete a MOCtale. It is also the first time I've tried my hand at editing, I can only get better ; ). As always please let me know what you think.

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

Are you going to add pirate mini-figures? Ooops! Wrong forum! laugh_new.gif

Mr Norro this is a very superbly designed and highly detailed MOC which must have taken you hours to complete. This is definitely your finest MOCing venture to date and you should be very pleased how its turned out. How long did it take to create?

Holy Cow! Great work Norro, I love all the meticulous detailing especially the cliff faces and underground ruins (which strongly remind me of Moria *wub* ).

I'm no expert, but to me the architecture seems more Mideval than Viking... Does anyone else agree? 8-|

the relatively small space of this model.

X-O *wacko* X-O

I loved watching the pictures (took maybe 20 minutes).

All the details you put in the MOC make it even more special and the story gives some nice background.

It's incredible how realistic it is done (the rocks, water, tree, vegetation, ...).

This looks just great Nathan!

I've been waiting a long time for the more detailed pics.

I love the rafters in the viking hall. A realistic touch I've not seen done before. That whole room is just excellent = lots of details, but not gratuitously too detailed so that it looks too busy.

Making a "plank built" bridge was great too. Realistic touch.

I'll be plagiarizing bits or your MOC for years to come!'

What was the hardest part, technically, of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Gyl

And here goes a new title :-P . I also frontpaged your work, I hope you won't mind.

Now on the MOC.

Is it me or you have been watching LOTR a lot lately ? :-D Seriously, that's an incredible work you've done on this model.

I especially like the "old and broken" look of the overall scene. How did you manage to achieve that particular aspect ? Did you build the thing like new and then just took off some of the pieces ?

The stone caves have to be my favoryte parts. There is a real atmosphear in those and we can feel that they witnessed some great events in their glorious days. :-)

Now I can't wait for part 2

:'-) That is one of the most beautifull moc's i have ever seen! Quite stunning!

I agree with mutley.

Truly a fantastic creation. Also, I'm glad you removed those silly "viking" horns. :-P

I don't often venture into here, but couldn't let this one pass without comment.

INCREDIBLE! That is the best MOC I have seen. I can only dream of being able to construct something like that. Maybe in a few years when my stock pile of bricks is ALOT larger...

And here goes a new title :-P . I also frontpaged your work, I hope you won't mind.

How did you manage to achieve that particular aspect ? Did you build the thing like new and then just took off some of the pieces ?

Thanks much!!! The 'worn' look was planned from the beginning and the whole structure was built up to mirror that...

@Mister Phes: This took around 4 months of light work (I was very busy during it's construction so it probably shouldn't have taken quite so long...)

@007: The time period is intended to be a blend to help create more of a 'legend' feel rather than just history...

@Bonaparte: Thanks for the time investment, I'm honored!

@Starwars4J: I'll take a look through the extra pics and see what I can find.

@Gyl: Thanks! In hindsight I trailed this too early ;-) I am glad you liked the rafters, they are my faviourite detail and would probably go down as the hardest to build as well (although they would be easy to do now that I've done it once...)

Thanks again all! Your comments keep me building when I should be doing other things X-D .

God Bless,

Nathan

Brilliant, It looks soo reall! Great details, absolutly stunning!!! The waterflow and the stairs are a great adition to this MOC. Truly awesome!!

Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! This custom is wonderful and no words that i write can ever do it justice.

Cant wait to see more :-) :-) :-)

I cannot believe how incredible of an MOC that is. Norro, you do all of Eurobricks, Classic-Castle, and any MOCer proud with such an amazing MOC. The scenery is beautiful, so detailed that when I saw it I didn't even think it could be lego.

I cannot wait for me.

Wow, thanks all for your kind words! A sonnet really sets the mood well... and it is great to see you time warping Ultraprime...

God Bless,

Nathan

h.jpg

I think this image impresses me the most due to its level of detail and the colours work so well together.

Mr Norro, are you going to post this at Classic-Castle.com?

I think this image impresses me the most due to its level of detail and the colours work so well together.

Mr Norro, are you going to post this at Classic-Castle.com?

That is my favourite view of the model as well Phes, and the one planning began from, glad you like it! And yes I have posted it at CC, I can't deny my castle roots X-D ...

God Bless,

Nathan

I noticed this, when looking at the waterfall, by looking at those 1x2 clear bricks and trans-blue bricks, it really gives the idea of actual falling water! That angle is also my fav. It looks like it's daytime (due to lighting) and the detail!

Wow, that is incredible!

I've been waiting to see this for a while. I can't wait to see part two.

Great detail and color work. Very nice!

That is my favourite view of the model as well Phes, and the one planning began from, glad you like it! And yes I have posted it at CC, I can't deny my castle roots X-D ...

God Bless,

Nathan

You really get a sense of atmosphere and canopy and ceiling in that picture. It feels like this is a picture not of a small portion of a imaginary world, but a small portion of a real world. I can't describe it, but this MOC and particularily this part, has depth, and seems almost real. This entire MOC is majestic.

You really get a sense of atmosphere and canopy and ceiling in that picture. It feels like this is a picture not of a small portion of a imaginary world, but a small portion of a real world. I can't describe it, but this MOC and particularily this part, has depth, and seems almost real. This entire MOC is majestic.

I really strove for a MOC that exuded the fact that it was its own world (several alterations were made to improve this) and also allowed you to look in and 'feel' its atmosphere. I am so pleased this came across!! Depth is what it was all about...

Thanks again and God Bless,

Nathan