Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Allan's LEGO City

Congrats on making the front page!

Love the port-a-loos, I'm guessing the Dalek is leaking oil? And the alien invasion is a great touch.

We'll have to invest in some barricades like you have to keep the little hands off the display.

Very cool layout! I love the Cars slot cars and track! There are some great MOCs in there, with many I recognize. It's great you made the front page as well. You must have really stood out default_classic.gif

I'm guessing the Dalek is leaking oil?

I had 10 Dalek's on the layout and the public had to find them :classic:

And the alien invasion is a great touch.

I had a cheap tablet as an animated billboard on top of the Grand Emporium playing an Alien Conquest video clip warning of an invasion.

Very nice layout! Very detailed with lots to see. I do fear however, that most of it would be lost by having the barricades so far away.

That's an amazingly cool town. I like when layouts incorporates other themes like you did here. This really makes me miss my layout, but gives me some fun ideas for when I rebuild.

Very nice layout! Very detailed with lots to see. I do fear however, that most of it would be lost by having the barricades so far away.

They were only a body width away so we could walk along and talk to the public.

We had signs to find the Dalek's and they were easily spotted, even at the back of the layout.

Excellent layout 'Allan' and the sea monster is the icing on the cake ! :grin:

Brick On ! :classic:

Thanks, I used more lighting effects this year (see youtube video) compared to animations last year.

Allowed more time to talk to the hobby expo visitors rather than maintaining the animations.

Congratulations on making the front page Allan! :thumbup:

2012taupo48.jpg

Nice Ogopogo! I didn't know people from other hemispheres knew about them. Unless there are similar sea serpents near New Zealand?

Nice Ogopogo! I didn't know people from other hemispheres knew about them. Unless there are similar sea serpents near New Zealand?

As I have some Scottish heritage I thought Brickley the sea serpent could be the Loch Ness Monster.