Sign in to follow this  
Hrw-Amen

MOC: British Rail Type 02 Diesel Shunter

Following on from my Type 01 which I posted a while ago, I have been working on this Type 02 but in the old green livery.

There are quite a lot of similarities between the two,the main difference being the entrance doors to the driver's cab being on the back rather than the side,but also one or two on the main body which I have tried to capture. I have again tried to brick build the yellow black stripes on the front and rear of the engine.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures and a link to the Brickshelf gallery in which you can see the comparison with both engines together. My link

I have also updated my flickr gallery with the images if people prefer to go there.

type_02_diesel_shunter_a.jpg

type_02_diesel_shunter_g.jpg

Edited by Hrw-Amen

Nice little shunter. The use of the Power Functions elements is great in a smaller train like this. Nice work.

- Davey -

Nice little shunter. The use of the Power Functions elements is great in a smaller train like this. Nice work.

- Davey -

Thank you, it is a difficult thing to squeeze them in especially the battery box. How much easier it would be if they came in a multitude of colours and could be used as part of the structure like on the red cargo train.

I am hoping to make a few more smaller engines over the next few months and to also build some line-side structures for a shunting yard. Something like an engine shed or signal box. Unfortunately I don't have room for a permanent set up, but the beauty of LEGO track is that it is easy to assemble quickly. I think my next shunter will be either a Type 03 or type 08, but am waiting for some medium wheels to arrive for that. At the moment I am fiddling about with an old 4.5V model, not based on anything exactly but broadly looking at a small'ish steam engine.