Golden Dragon

7409926012_9cb9c32fd7_c.jpg

Eurobricks: Batman Minifig Customization Contest Entry (1) by Lumbrax, on Flickr

Backstory: Justin M. Walter, mention that name in Gotham, or any other city, and you'll just get a blank stare, very few have ever heard of him, or who he really is. However, on the other hand, mention his alternate name "Golden Dragon" and old ladies will praise him, young children will become excited, thieves and robbers will shrink away in fear. How could such a small name make such an impact? it is simple. Golden Dragon is the symbol of Gotham, the alternate of the Dark Knight, he is even often times called the White Knight, and he is much like the White Knight of ancient times (King Arthur) he works in broad daylight, though even then you cannot find him, if you are in trouble he will be there, if you are robbing, or stealing, or doing anything you shouldn't, you'll quickly find yourself in handcuffs made of gold, bound to a light pole, and never even once get a chance to see who did it. Though in the back of your mind, you know, the Golden Dragon has visited town. Justin M. Walter, started life as a simple child, though soon his parents realized he had the amazing ability to "hide in plain sight" and his reflexes were heavenly. Even as a little child it was hard to find him if he didn't want to be found. By the age of 12 he was the talk of the town, though not in a good way, he was the most infamous thief anyone knew, though they didn't know his actual name, he was able to get places most couldn't, and even had some run-ins with other criminals, but no one could match him. With such a bad record, one may ask, why is he a hero? Well, much later on in his years, during a deal with the Joker in extracting a large amount of money, he was cheated, and lost everything he had, he decided it was time to turn the tide, and become a seeker of peace. Ever since, he has worked his way up to gather a small fortune, though he is still mostly anonymous as such, and created a base under ground which is surrounded by ice in order to hide it, and instead of wearing black as he did when he was a thief, he switched to wearing all white, and uses just a Solid Gold knife as his signature weapon of defense.

All angles/views of the Golden Dragon

7409916652_8655bdd18f_c.jpg

Hero by Lumbrax, on Flickr

Minifig stand used to stabilize the figure for pictures, not actually a part of the entry.

I compacted all the side views into one picture, to save room, as my pictures tend to be a bit "big".

Minifigure Cost Analysis

Ninja Headwrap: $.65

Custom Printed Brickarms Torso (giveaway only, price is estimated): $1.50

White legs with Belt: $.45

Balaclava Head: $.20

0White Rubber Band: $.18

24kt Gold Brickarms Knife: $6.00

Total: $8.98

I hope you enjoy this entry, I personally am quite pleased with how it came out, enjoy!

And good luck to all the other entries, this has been a wonderful contest, and everyone has done a great job!

Edited by The_Customizer

Nice vig. Not to nitpick too much, but gold is a soft metal. To use it as a weapon, you'd have to be really careful not to rely on it to block other weapons in a fight. How about a gold composite/alloy?

Nice vig. Not to nitpick too much, but gold is a soft metal. To use it as a weapon, you'd have to be really careful not to rely on it to block other weapons in a fight. How about a gold composite/alloy?

Hmm, I see what you mean, however, I personally see the weapon as more of a gold plating, or something along those lines, I prefer to think of it as a symbol of justice.

Hmm, I see what you mean, however, I personally see the weapon as more of a gold plating, or something along those lines, I prefer to think of it as a symbol of justice.

You did say in the entry it's solid gold though, which I believe is why he said that ;)

Pretty cool 'fig, but fyi in the Dark Knight movie, they refer to Harvey Dent as the 'White Knight' of Gotham. His campaign slogan, I believe? Either way, just something you might want to re-think.

Everything seems to be just fine here. :thumbup: A nice backstory for a well-created character!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic: