Sign in to follow this  
Big Cam

The Eurobricks Collaborative Pirate build at Brickworld Chicago

I had the pleasure of going to Brickworld Chicago this year. The EB team usually does a collaborative build, and this year was no different.

Pirates was the theme and there were 20+ members who contributed. Besides having a blast and meeting members I had the pleasure of photographing the layout.

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of the size of this display, a display that happen to win the best group layout!

So say congratulations and have a look through the pictures.

Congratulations EuroBricks!

Link to my Flickr folder with all the Pictures

7396285624_165681fa54_c.jpg

7396285364_87ac5601c2_c.jpg

7396285198_314cd7d877_c.jpg

7396284812_7aefa7bc0f_c.jpg

7396284232_f5371e3a9c_c.jpg

7396283926_ec5fc05ee7_c.jpg

7396283186_5cf37b802f_c.jpg

7396282498_ef5a8fc83f_c.jpg

7396281558_e8e9a5b980_c.jpg

7396281378_6375bac0ca_c.jpg

7396281202_68a99cdc22_c.jpg

7396280810_4b0ce83544_c.jpg

7396279088_fb5050116b_c.jpg

7396278910_27ff149d9a_c.jpg

7396278194_cecdfec085_c.jpg

7396276934_59aba11709_c.jpg

These are just a portion of the total display, be sure to check them all out!

I think this belongs in the MOC section and it should be blogge... wait, hold on. I am sorry, my thoughts are a bit shaggy because I just watched an epic-win-display...

This is the once-and-for-all proof that Classic-Pirates is a bottle of rum win!

You folks are great :pir-cry_happy::pir_laugh2::pir-sweet:

Very nice, I wish I could have been there :pir_bawling:

That dry dock was a nice Idea. nice use of transparant parts for the 'cruising' ships :thumbup:

Awesome! Congratulations on winning!

It seems like the monster can light up, do you have a picture of that?

I don't. I got quite ill the evening of the lights display so I didn't get any pictures, I'm sure someone does though, I'll add it if I find it.

*wolf whistle* That's a pretty sweet build. Aw, who am I kidding, that's freaking awesome! I love the ghost ship and the dry dock.

The drydock is for sure my favourite part, what a brilliant idea! I think I'll have to (try) to make a MOC with one too someday in the near future pirate_devg1.gif Plus the lava-surfer, that's a whole new level of emotion, water-waves are for sissies pir_laugh2.gif

I don't. I got quite ill the evening of the lights display so I didn't get any pictures, I'm sure someone does though, I'll add it if I find it.

"Ill" is a code word people!

Some of your classic-pirates.com crew helped with this display, so an extra victory for us!

Cam took the pictures and kept us all entertained.

darkdragon contributed the Lord of Flies island (right?) and helped us set everything up.

I contributed several of the village houses to the layout and the modifed Imperial flagship that is being attacked by tenticles. I also posed the figs on the fort, but the fort was built by another member.

We had a bunch of history and sci-fi members contirbute as well. I don't want to try to mention everyone incase I forget someone (there was like 20 of us), but Rufus and Pandora and Si-MOCs all had individual nominations (and 1 win) on the layout for their individual contributions. Big props to Stash2Sixx for being the main man organizing the build for us as well.

I don't think we will be rolling with pirates for next year's display, so anyone thinking of contributing may need to branch out.

Yep, Z, I did the Lord of the Flies island. I also helped you set up figs in the fort when you had to leave for something. :wink:

Yep, Z, I did the Lord of the Flies island. I also helped you set up figs in the fort when you had to leave for something. :wink:

I thought so. It was just so cute! I read that books ages ago, and yet after taking even a brief look at it I knew what it was! Great work.

Awesome! Congratulations on winning!

It seems like the monster can light up, do you have a picture of that?

Here you go :sweet::

7415474528_35cf5a7a2e_z.jpg

It was built by Norro.

Rufus and Pandora and Si-MOCs all had individual nominations (and 1 win) on the layout for their individual contributions.

Two wins! :grin:

Si won Master Builder, and Rufus and I won the Best Small Building. Plus CopMike won an award for his (many) charitable donations, making it three.

Two wins! :grin:

Si won Master Builder, and Rufus and I won the Best Small Building. Plus CopMike won an award for his (many) charitable donations, making it three.

I was only referring to the individual nominations inside the pirates display, but yes, we cleaned up outside of the display as well. To congratulate the other winners Rufus & Pandora (best small building), Si (master builder) and CopMike (charitable awesomeness) go here.

That build is very impressive! All those red coats and blue coats :pir-wub:

The ships looks spectacular and the buildings exactly like I would picture it.

I almost want to create something similar for my lego room (only a much smaller scale of course).

On to buy red coats and MOCing pieces!

Thanks for sharing.

Megablocks, how many Imperial Flagships do you guys own?! :drool:

Brickworld looks awesome, wish I could go. Awesome display, really enjoyed looking through the flickr gallery because there's always another funny detail/scene that I missed before. The dark red building on the waterfront (Governor's mansion?) is one of my favorite buildings, along with the temple.

Congrats on the win! :thumbup:

Very fascinating, it must have been hard to coordinate. There's a bit too many different themes stuck together for my taste - but each and every one of them are amazing on their own. :thumbup:

And creating a huge sea monster with smaller octopusses as tentacles = brilliant!

That is a phenomenal display, and it shows how much work went into it. You all deserved the prizes, and more! Thank you for sharing it with us.

i love all the splash effects they made, forexample, the shark emerging from the water, and all the other seamonsters, who does the same, its amasing, and all the ships, that looks like eachother, like a real fleet, brilliant,

I love all of the variations on the Imperial Flagships. The one with the red bricks instead of blue looks great (even though it is a lot longer). My favorite is the ancient Mayan/Aztec/Olmec temple with the alien, but it's probably just because I'm an ancient astronaut theorist :)

Congratulations! That's a terrific display; and it's really huge. How come all of those ship MOCs haven't been posted in the Pirate Moc Forum? Like for instance that ghost ship?

That is one impressive and well built display! :thumbup:

I love all the IFS variations. :shark: I would be highly interested in seeing a separate MOC thread for those.

The islands, ship in dry dock and volcano are all great details.

I really wanted to go to this, I live really close and if I weren't so busy, I could've gone. :pir-cry_sad: I really liked the buildings the most, especially the red colonial one, nice. :thumbup: