Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Gates of Ondylion

Gates of Ondylion

Located in the south of Mitgardia, Ondylion is also called "Guardian of the South". The city is located along the Antler River and surrounded by mountains. That makes it one of most flourishing cities of Mitgardia. The river makes a lot of trading possible, even in the winter. When the ice is thick enough for heavy carts! The mountains contain a lot of resources, like gold and iron. So there is a lot of Mining. The city is also well protected by the mountains and its thick walls, so it's a safehaven for traders and ofcourse also for its citizens.

Everyone is welcome as long they will behave, because Elon Chorian doesn't like thieves, murderers and drunks. Thieves, will lose a hand. Just one, because at war they still have to fight. Murderers, will be executed and drunks will be banned for a week. But this happens just a few times a year, mostly with foreigners.

So I welcome you into Ondylion, but behave!

((Yes not everyting is build on the baseplate, this way I can attach it to another baseplate because I'm making a layout!))

7408373136_d7a3eef1af_c.jpg

7408361296_b27fe239fd_n.jpg7408358904_c860f98204_n.jpg7408356514_97fcedcbec_n.jpg

Other Sides

7408360244_9e35772c5b_c.jpg

Inside the city

7408368838_fc8f0a9ce6_m.jpg7408366148_64ff2260b4_m.jpg7408364056_1f9e7d02b5_m.jpg

Child playing/Disans owl catching a rat/Busy at the gate

7408374522_6e643029ae_z.jpg

Elon Chorian and two of his sons.

More and better photo's: Flickr

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Very nice. This matches your style and your guild very nicely. I also like that you added just a little bit of wall texture. It is a good addition.

I love the dark brown you are sticking with. It is a great color.

I look forward to seeing your layout expand.

One question... How did the archers get to the archway above the door? Ladders? Just curious.

very nice! I really like the wooden tower and the detail on you walls and towers are fabulous. You landscaping is very good as usual and really makes me want to try a Mitgardian scene in the future.

Ecc... do you mind if I copy some of your techniques in my own Mitgardia MOC? My sig Fig is going to be building his own keep and i think i will utilize some of these...

Thanks! :classic:

Very nice. This matches your style and your guild very nicely. I also like that you added just a little bit of wall texture. It is a good addition.

I love the dark brown you are sticking with. It is a great color.

I look forward to seeing your layout expand.

One question... How did the archers get to the archway above the door? Ladders? Just curious.

Well it isn't Valholl, Elon isn't that picky as the Jarl :wink:

There were ladders indeed, but I thought the all seeing eye of Z will probably notice such a thing. So that's why I took it away :tongue:

Ecc... do you mind if I copy some of your techniques in my own Mitgardia MOC? My sig Fig is going to be building his own keep and i think i will utilize some of these...

Go for it!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Wonderful build. Good texture without overloading the wall with unnecessary color changes. Lots of minifig life. :thumbup:

About the guards above the arch, if the door is constructed with the way I think, they could have just climbed the back of the door.

I recognize these gates my friend! :wink:

What a wonderful build Ecc! This is so you in the style and that why I love it so! :wub:

Your style is one of my favourites! Love the dark brown tower, what piece are you using above the 4x1 dk brown tile?

Great work on this gate!

There were ladders indeed, but I thought the all seeing eye of Z will probably notice such a thing. So that's why I took it away :tongue:

Well I did invent the spy glass after all :tongue:

hee hee- I don't mean to bust your chops- but you have to look hard to make improvements suggestions when the builder is as talented as you are!

You are also an excellent photographer. Where is your photo taking location of choice? I still struggle with the lighting sometimes, so I am trying to get a feel for what some of the better photo takers have learned. Do you use "fill" lights?

What a beauty, man! :wub:

I really like the architecture of the wall gate and towers, but what pushes this MOC from great to outstanding for me is the great amount of details throughout; from the beautifully designed carriage, to the own killing a rat in a gory yet subdued corner of the MOC. :wink:

Your photography is indeed excellent! The colors look realistic and there is just the right amount of shine on the bricks.

Well done once again! :thumbup:

Wow what a great gate! You really set the standard for Mitgardian architecture with your builds, I really like it! The action figures the boy is using is a Nice touch. Just one question: Did Elon had a lot of different ladyfriends back in the days? Because of the difference between his sons... Or is it just "coincedence"...?

awesome gates there eccles, besides the gates themselves, I really like all the little landscaping you have done and the wooden "applications" an instant ecclesiates classic!!

This just screams Mitgardia :thumbup:

Very nicely done as all your builds are, the wooden section is stunning and the few bley tiles in the wall give it a nice texture :thumbup:

Tons of nice details, I like the guy relaxing on the wall :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing the sections this hooks up to!

This turned out great! :thumbup: I love the snow. Snow is underused in Mitgardian moc's in my opinion. Keep'em coming.

This turned out great! :thumbup: I love the snow. Snow is underused in Mitgardian moc's in my opinion. Keep'em coming.

This is a BEAUTIFUL MOC! I love it. Great detail along the walls and I really like the brickwork with the sunken bricks, and the brickwork on the corner. I also like the roofing style. Many many great details - this is just a gorgeous build!

Very nice MOC, the build is very nice and has loads of nice features. the snow is great!

also excellent photos!

~Legonardo~

Great build Ecc! This is a very impressive entrance to parts of Mitgardia. Perhaps Viktor will think twice before attacking....probably not, he has no scruples

Thanks guys! :sweet:

I recognize these gates my friend! :wink:

What a wonderful build Ecc! This is so you in the style and that why I love it so! :wub:

Your style is one of my favourites! Love the dark brown tower, what piece are you using above the 4x1 dk brown tile?

Great work on this gate!

Indeed :wink:

It's this brick(one of my favorites): bricklink

Well I did invent the spy glass after all :tongue:

hee hee- I don't mean to bust your chops- but you have to look hard to make improvements suggestions when the builder is as talented as you are!

You are also an excellent photographer. Where is your photo taking location of choice? I still struggle with the lighting sometimes, so I am trying to get a feel for what some of the better photo takers have learned. Do you use "fill" lights?

Thanks! About the photo's, I always take photo's outside. Than the best moment is in the afternoon when it's cloudy. I use 2 large white plates for background and then I shoot! Than the only thing I change about the photo's is some contrast and brightness. That's what's working for me! :thumbup:

Wow what a great gate! You really set the standard for Mitgardian architecture with your builds, I really like it! The action figures the boy is using is a Nice touch. Just one question: Did Elon had a lot of different ladyfriends back in the days? Because of the difference between his sons... Or is it just "coincedence"...?

I've black hair and my brother is blond and I'm pretty sure we have the same mom and dad. So it's not more ladyfriends, just his wife! :wink:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Frosty! Especially loving the frozen water, and the Owl attacking the rat.

May the union between Ondylion and Benoic be long lived!

I love the dark brown tower top. Its such a lovely detail and alternative to solid stone towers. I can see it becoming a staple for many MOCs to come.

Great MOC! Love the simplicity of the details on the gate. There is a beautiful subtlety to the stonework. The snowy outskirts are lovely too, the white tree leaves work really well. Great work! :thumbup:

Is it possible for a full pic of your Ondylion display?

Is it possible for a full pic of your Ondylion display?

I thought I had better photo's but these are the best ones:

7620876106_747d376cc5.jpg

7620877774_e054f9ceb0.jpg