Sign in to follow this  
cimddwc

Modular Madness: Hats & Clocks

indexed.gif B-OM-21D

So here's my entry for this nice little contest... (finished rather early because I'll finally move into my new apartment in July.) Hope you like it:

7385524622_48740d4e88.jpg

7385524920_f513d02bda.jpg

Back side:

7385525168_4deba8269b.jpg

Ground floor interior featuring a hatter (mad, of course^^) and a clockmaker:

7385526880_242efb10fe_c.jpg

Second and third floor interior:

7385527144_7cb2512468_c.jpg

Many more photos on flickr, including details of the interiors, a group photo with Fire Brigade and Green Grocer, and the inspiration process for this design. Same on MOCpages.

I used some original Lego stickers from various sets for paintings/photos on the walls, and for the house number. And I hope it's okay for this contest that I used the pin (dark bluish gray bar) that holds together the groups of four track pieces instead of a regular antenna/bar – after all, it's an original Lego part even if Lego wants you to throw it away...

Edited by Phred

Very nice indeed!You surely did raise the bar high for the other contestants with this one!

Very nice work here!

I like how it is 3 structures in one, the brown windows in the grey works well (I was going to do that with my own entry! :laugh: ) The interior details are what i've come to expect from you, detailed and well done as always.

Best of luck!

I also like that it feels like three buildings. I do think it would have been cool to make the front of the left side that darker brown.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Wow, that is beautiful! The exterior styling is outstanding, and you've packed an incredible amount of detail into the interior too. Well done!

A great building, inside and out. The exterior is absolutely stunning, with wonderful detailing and some lovely colour choices - even the back of the building is great - and the interior is no less impressive, with great furniture and, my favourite, that clock shop/workshop. I see my own chances of success in this competition trickling slowly down the drain... :)

I can't decide what I like more the interior or exterior, the judges are going to have a tough time in this contest. Well done, Question after the contest will you be making the LDD available that is if you made one?

I knew you would be the one to beat, and thus far I think I'm right. At least you were nice enough to post early to allow everyone else a fighting chance to up their game. :laugh:

As usual I love everything, but putting the staircase in the middle of the building like that is something I've not seen often and is very well done. Once again, blogged on Brick Town Talk!

Wow! That is a creative exterior. I love it. How different angles completely change the shape of the building. That first floor interior is great, I like the entryway and how you have it laid out. You really raised the bar for this contest. The details here are great. The funky little clock. The window designs. All great.

This totally feels 18th century Germany in the modern world, beautifully detailed exterior to give it that old school charm and well detailed on the inside too ! :wub:

AWESOME designing there 'cimddwc', that's setting the bar even higher.....good luck and Brick On ! :grin:

You ask if we like it, I love it. What a wonderful building. Very original, esspecialy the front. You even tried to make it look good on the back. The interior is great.

A very good effort on your part and i wish you luck with the contest.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Question after the contest will you be making the LDD available that is if you made one?

All I have in LDD is the facade test (see flickr) which isn't quite final, that's all I can make available...

Thanks a lot everyone!

All I have in LDD is the facade test (see flickr) which isn't quite final, that's all I can make available...

Thats ok, it is even better that you built it without LDD :)

Very nice MOC, the clockmaker is something I haven't seen done before and you pulled it off nicely :thumbup:

The awnings over the doors are another nice touch, good luck in the contest :classic:

The facade is really beautiful and your interior are, as usual, at an amazing level of detail

Best of luck in this contest also from my side!

Original, interior optimized, and great colors... Very nice.

I don't know if it's a good expression in english but i think "It's time for hats off to you for this moc !" default_classic.gif

Best of luck in this contest also from my side

That's a really nice modular and it fits in perfectly with FB and GG. The colours are great and so is the theme chosen. The facade is full of interestin details. As others have said: 'Hats off to you!' and all the best in the competion.