Sign in to follow this  
wokajablocka

SW Minifig display stand

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hay guys, Its been a while since I posted but Sydney held it's first Sydney brick exhibition at the Power House Museum last week end and I have been working on a Minifig display stand to showcase my Star Wars Minifig collection.

img_0387.png

img_0397.png

img_0398.png

It currently has 201 minifigs in the picture but can hold more but some figs are displayed taking up more than 4 studs (like Jabba). I ran out of black slopes and plates to make it may bigger. Also my Darth Maul portrait has taken a lot of my black plates ATM.

I built a small death star, two ties, a Millennium Falcon and some stars as after I built the frame with the Star Wars logo it looked very plain. I intended on lighting up the Death star beam and the falcon's engine with official Lego lights but I only have the old incandescent style lights from the police cars but they where not bright enough so I left them out. I will try and get some LED lighting and add it in the future as well as extend the stand up a few more rows once I get more parts.

Eventually I would like to have all the SW minifigs on the stand but first I need to collect them all then extend the stand, all in good time.

The stand was very successful with the young kids coming trough the exhibition. They all stood their for a while pointing, staring and drooling over the Star Wars Minifigs. I think my stand got more attention than the massive creations on display as every kid just loves Minifigs.

It was great to have on display for the show as may kids and parents where saying they didn't even know they had a Jabba minifig and some of the older rarer figs they hadent seen before. I also get asked where Jango Fett was about 100 times but he was left home with Could City Boba nice and safe.

All up after a quick look on the brick store program referencing bricklink with last 6 months average prices I had just over $1800 US worth of Minigs on display.

Wow! This is really cool! The wording and ships on the stand reminds me of the old 80’s arcade games and overall it just makes me want to start collecting minifigs. I’ll say OUTSTANDING!, but I think all the kids already let you know that. :thumbup::thumbup::wub:

Your Minifig display looks like the blister card of Star Wars Action Figures. :thumbup:

If you have the time, are you able to show us the back and side of this stand? Thank you so much!

Edited by streifen

Your Minifig display looks like the blister card of Star Wars Action Figures. :thumbup:

If you have the time, are you able to show us the back and side of this stand? Thank you so much!

Ill try and get some other pics up from different angles. Currently the minifigs are off the stand as I transported it from the show to my home and it was a bumpy ride in the car.

The whole stand apart from the stand feet is only 2 studs deep. I wanted to try and keep it a thin as possible, and in doing so the stand is a little wobbly but sturdy enough to withstand all the kids leaning and bumping the table over the week end. I want to extend the build and make it a little more sturdy as when it gets bigger it will become more prone to falling over. I want to slightly redesign it to make it sturdy. May need a bricklink order but currently it completely made out of my current my collection.

Edited by wokajablocka

That is one of best minifigure stands I've seen!

Well done! :sweet:

yes, best minifigure display it is. very original and very retro.

Wow, that's nice! I like the rows of related minifigures and the curved edges! Nice job!

(I just saw the side view of the MF. It looks great!)

Cool display Wokajablocka. I too felt it had a retro feel about it (and I love SW retro) :thumbup:

EDIT: Weren't you afraid anybody would try to steal some of your figs?

Edited by Praiter Yed

That is a really great way of displaying the figs. I love the DS and TIE's in the top corner and the Falcon (Though, initially, I thought it was a Droid Control Ship :grin:).

Impressive collection! The Death Star and the Star Wars logo around the outside really help it to "pop."

That is awesome. I've only recently started collecting the Lego SW world, but this is really neat to see. I would almost consider doing something similar to house my other Licensed figures as well. Keep some nice themes going with brickbuilt displays. I just need to take the time to think about that. But this is brilliantly done. The lettering and stars with the ships is amazing and well thought-out. I'd hate to directly copy something like this, but I may have to "borrow" some build techniques to justify it.

Thanks for the shot. It looks great. Can't wait to see the expansion!

Excellent stand. It's cool that you integrated tye name and a few ships into it. Quite a collection you have, too.

Thanks guys for the kind comments.

EDIT: Weren't you afraid anybody would try to steal some of your figs?

I was worried a bit but luckily no one went missing. That's why Jango and CC Boba didn't come along to the show.

That is awesome. I've only recently started collecting the Lego SW world, but this is really neat to see. I would almost consider doing something similar to house my other Licensed figures as well. Keep some nice themes going with brickbuilt displays. I just need to take the time to think about that. But this is brilliantly done. The lettering and stars with the ships is amazing and well thought-out. I'd hate to directly copy something like this, but I may have to "borrow" some build techniques to justify it.

Thanks for the shot. It looks great. Can't wait to see the expansion!

Your more than welcome to take anything you want from the display design wise :tongue: that's why I've posted it.

Nice display and fine collection! I really like the Falcon at the bottom!! It is going to be huge if all figs find there place in there :classic: