jmagaletta

[MOC] Obi-Wan's Eta-2 from set 9494

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I designed this awhile ago after Set 9494 in LDD. I finally went through bricklink to get all the pieces. Very slight modifications besides the color of course. I think it looks great and look forward to doing it for Anakin's Yellow Eta-2 and Darth Vader's Black one.

img_2958.jpg

img_2959.jpg

img_2960.jpg

img_2962.jpg

img_2964.jpg

img_2967.jpg

img_2966.jpg

Here are some comparison picrtures.

img_2961.jpg

img_2968.jpg

img_2969.jpg

Huge picture alert! *huh*

You might want to try lowering the resolution.

Otherwise, it's a great MOC! It's clean and instantly recognizable. :thumbup:

Your pictures are way too large at the moment. Could you please resize them to a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels? Thanks!

Very nice :thumbup:, are you going to do the yellow and blue versions or MOD the green?

Very nice :thumbup:, are you going to do the yellow and blue versions or MOD the green?

My next bricklink adventure will be the yellow version, i am also working on an AT-PT. This is my favorite PT ship and pretty high on my list for the complete saga. Not sure if i will do the blue one as after the yellow i want to do black. These aren't finished models. Here are pics from LDD. Which black verison do you guys prefer? I really want to do a prgression of ANakin's fighters from Azure Angel-Delta 7B-Eta-2 Yellow-Eta-2 Green-Eta-2 Black-Tie Advanced. I have already completed my azure angel from plo koons jsf. I just need the yellow and black Eta.

lddscreenshot16.png

lddscreenshot17.png

lddscreenshot18.png

I never realized how close in size that set was to the Revell kit? Kind on neat.

This is a great idea, and has been on my "to do" list for a while. I've been busy building Anio's Super Star Destroyer, so I haven't worked on it in a while. My plan is to build them in all of the colors that I know of (yellow, dk red, dk blue, dk green, and black), and then build matching hyperspace rings for all of them.

So far, I've bought two of the 9494 sets and modified them to be Anakin's and Obi-Wan's fighters from the opening scene of ROTS. The original dark green fighter looks good, but is only on screen for a few seconds, and just isn't very memorable to me. I can see from your model that using the dk red flags for the "wings" on Obi-Wan's fighter looks really good, although I didn't want to fork out for them on BL since they are pretty expensive. For now, I'm using the gray from the original set. I did use the yellow ones for Anakin's fighter since they're more affordable.

I can't wait to see the final version of Vader's black fighter. What you've done so far looks great.

-Kevin

This is a great idea, and has been on my "to do" list for a while. I've been busy building Anio's Super Star Destroyer, so I haven't worked on it in a while. My plan is to build them in all of the colors that I know of (yellow, dk red, dk blue, dk green, and black), and then build matching hyperspace rings for all of them.

So far, I've bought two of the 9494 sets and modified them to be Anakin's and Obi-Wan's fighters from the opening scene of ROTS. The original dark green fighter looks good, but is only on screen for a few seconds, and just isn't very memorable to me. I can see from your model that using the dk red flags for the "wings" on Obi-Wan's fighter looks really good, although I didn't want to fork out for them on BL since they are pretty expensive. For now, I'm using the gray from the original set. I did use the yellow ones for Anakin's fighter since they're more affordable.

I can't wait to see the final version of Vader's black fighter. What you've done so far looks great.

-Kevin

I agree the dk green isnt too memorable. But the black was never on screen. I just love the style of the ship. My total bricklink cost for this fighter was about $27.00, but i had parts from the previous red eta-2 from ultimate space battle. I would definately go the bricklink route rather than buying 9494 and modding. Unless you are getting a good price selling the extras.

With regards to the black version. Which do you like better?

I agree the dk green isnt too memorable. But the black was never on screen.

With regards to the black version. Which do you like better?

I love the style of this ship as well. Most of the PT designs don't appeal to me that much, but the Eta is great, IMHO. I read about the black Eta in "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader," and I actually had hoped that 9494 was going to be the black version.

I like the second version better. The one with more black tiles. I haven't compared it to the photo on Wookieepedia, but it just looks better to me.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader%27s_black_Eta-2_Actis-class_light_interceptor

-Kevin