Jason Cicchini

Crystal Quest Chapter 6: The Earth Crystal

1.jpg

And so, our adventurers have followed the map into the mountains of Antyria. Deep in the heart of the highest peak, they start to feel unwelcome.

2.jpg

Talonmere: "I'm feeling a high concentration of magic up ahead."

3.jpg

Dornir: "As much as I would normally advise against it, I shall go my own way from here. I have a hunch I must follow."

Sharra: "Please, be careful Dornir."

D: "I shall, I promise."

6.jpg

As they curve a bend, Kollin notices the torches affixed to the rock wall.

Kollin: "If this 'hiding place' is such a well kept secret, why are there torches to light the way?"

The flames waft in a ghostly wind.

K: "Uh, fellows? I don't think we're alone here-"

7.jpg

Lich: "I was wondering how long it would take you mortals to scale this pebble."

9.jpg

T: "Surely you don't bar our entrance to this temple, simple Lich? I'd think poorly of your master for setting such a weak trap-"

L: "Oh, shove it in a potion bottle, Mage.

The two fire spells at each other. The Lich summons serpents, while Talonmere fires a pure bolt of ice.

11.jpg

T: "Snakes? Is that the best you've got?"

14.jpg

Dornir, whom has been scaling the cliff, drops down with his elven sword raised at the Lich.

12.jpg

Sharra: "Dornir!"

15.jpg

The blade slides through the Lich's throat, immolating him. Sharra runs to Dornir's side, checking him for wounds.

D: "I am fine, good woman."

S: "Don't ever worry me like that again," She whispers, audible enough only for his elven ears.

16.jpg

T: "If the lovers are done with their reuniting, I have the gate to the temple opened..."

S: "Sorry, all. Let us enter."

17.jpg

28.jpg

A vast cavern met them, with glittering deposits of emerald scattered about the rocky faces.

18.jpg

Out of the shadows, several scuttling shapes finally find form in the half light of the cave. Three reptilian creatures chained to a pale woman in a flowing black dress emerge, their respective gazes set on the adventurers.

19.jpg

T: "ELISA!"

S: "Mage, obviously you have a connection to her, what is it?"

20.jpg

Elisa: "HE IS THE ONE WHOM HAS CURSED ME TO THIS PLACE!"

The cavern rumbles as she speaks. Little boulders cascade down the walls with poetic abandon.

22.jpg

Creature 2: "He left us for the Mage Academy. Did nothing to help us when we were elected to be the guardian..."

21.jpg

Creature 1: "Left us to die in the caves of Antyria..."

23.jpg

Kollin Shyre uses the conversation as a distraction, and assaults the creatures chained to Elisa. He makes quick work of them, then rolls into the shadows.

24.jpg

T: "I am sorry, Elisa, but I must do this-"

Talonmere fires a deadly bolt, knocking the guardian down once her creatures are disposed of.

25.jpg

After the altercation, the group searches the cavern.

T: "It could be anywhere! Everything is made of green glass! The legend says only a true Avalonian may find the crystal-"

26.jpg

K: "Is this it?"

27.jpg

S: "I do not believe he has found such a treasure so easily-"

K: "But I did."

D: "And if it is false?"

T: "It is not. A true Avalonian has found the Crystal of Earth, and we must assure he returns to his homeland to deliver this prize to his High King."

End Chapter 6.

BS Gallery

-Previous Chapters-

Chapter 1 - Greetings on the Road

Chapter 2 - At the Blind Monk

Chapters 3 & 4 - Busted! and The Mage Talonmere

Chapter 5 - the Council of Leaders

Chapter 6 - the Earth Crystal

Edited by Jason Cicchini

Well done, you have done a lot with little in the way of scenery! The evil mage and reptilian monsters look great. The rock wall and gate are nicely done. The internal brown walled quarry is a nice approach as well. Great photo too all add up to a great effort. Good luck and I hope your entry shows a lot of other people who might be intimidated to still have a crack and they too should be proud of what they can build. We wanted all members to grow and learn from Guilds. :thumbup:

I love a LEGO battle! Your figure's are great as alway's. The cavern scene is really good. The lime green color look's so awesome with brown! It was a great adventure from start to finish :thumbup:

Love that lime green slime! :tongue: And the guardians is a great touch and fun to see those head being used in that way! Great entry Jason!

Very creative guardians, I love the alien/reptile look. I hope the travelers snagged those keys off the 2nd creature's pants, who knows what they open!

I really like the different chapters to the story and the way different characters joined as the story continued. I also LOVED the meeting between the Avalonian lords - Very well done!

Nice little series of vigs Jason, with quite a cinematic feel - even a love story! :wink: The gaurdians look great too - although let me get this straight - the gaurdian(s) were just moaning on about hard their lot is and how unfairly Talonmere treated them, and then the adventurers respond by killing them?? Sounds like that mage has a few dirty secrets he didn't want to come out... :look:

Talonmere is not a very nice man! The heroes didn't wait to find out? This whole story is very nicely made, I really liked the Council of leaders and the Blind Monk especially. You did a great job of telling the story through quite economical vigs, well played. It would be good if you could post links to all the chapters, so they are easier to find. Brilliant entry, Jason

:classic:

Very creative guardians, I love the alien/reptile look. I hope the travelers snagged those keys off the 2nd creature's pants, who knows what they open!

Good eye! Those keys got snatched up, but by whom? hehehe

Nice little series of vigs Jason, with quite a cinematic feel - even a love story! :wink: The gaurdians look great too - although let me get this straight - the gaurdian(s) were just moaning on about hard their lot is and how unfairly Talonmere treated them, and then the adventurers respond by killing them?? Sounds like that mage has a few dirty secrets he didn't want to come out... :look:

Thanks a lot!

As far as Talonmere's motivations...More to come in the following chapters!

Talonmere is not a very nice man! The heroes didn't wait to find out? This whole story is very nicely made, I really liked the Council of leaders and the Blind Monk especially. You did a great job of telling the story through quite economical vigs, well played. It would be good if you could post links to all the chapters, so they are easier to find. Brilliant entry, Jason

:classic:

Wow, thanks! Like I said above, the reasons he did what he did will be revealed soon. But, no, I can say without revealing too much that Talonmere is NOT a saint. I'm glad people caught that subtlety!

I've also appended my entry with a list of previous chapters, and will continue to do so for the next four (or more, depending on how the next few play out!)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, support, and enjoyment! You will not be disappointed with what I have coming up!

Hahah.

Now that's what I call a battle scene!

Some great photography and camera angles. It really shows off your excellent fig combos and the MOC.

Really enjoyable story/build.

And the slime looks fannnnnntastic!