castor-troy

[MOC] Historic area

That church is the bomb 'castor-troy'.....it's beautiful ! :wub:

It totally fits the scene of the oldest part of your city.....keep up the AWESOME work and Brick On ! :grin:

I agree - that church looks great. I'd love to see some more pictures of it.

Wow, great buildings there. I really like what you did with the stable building of 10193. Any chance we could get an overview shot of that city? Looks good!

Nice MOD's! Gives a great medieval town center feel to it. Love the church, looks great!

THe church is great, and the MODs too! One question, though: is the tan one inspired by Joathan (SonicStarlight's) version, or is it just coincedence? Awseome job! :classic:

One question, though: is the tan one inspired by Joathan (SonicStarlight's) version, or is it just coincedence? Awseome job! default_classic.gif

Yes, i like his MOD/MOC and I tried to create mine in x32.

Some details of the church but i think it's not the last version...

eglise_v5_12.jpgeglise_v5_3.jpg

eglise_v5_6.jpgeglise_v5_7.jpg

Nice church with nice details. You should have a huge city layout: hope to see some photos of it.

That church looks great, love al the ornamentation. Altough I'm not that sure about the white columns. :thumbup:

Wow, great details for sure. Quite the build. I like the bits above the door, very nice. The grey mix is a good choice too, not sure about that white stripe though... My guess is a color issue, those pillars only in white? Why did you choose to make the towers different looking? It looks good, just a bit weird to see the different decorations and height of them.

I really dig the stained glass windows :cry_happy: ...can you give us a close up on those to see how to do them?

Brilliant Church though.....i like how your attention is drawn to it, and it makes everything around it seem smaller. :classic:

BRICK ON! :wink:

You have done a very nice job! B.t.w. one tile is loose ;) The details look great, now you only need some gargoyles ;)

Would you be able to post an overview image of your current layout that includes the historic area? :classic:

That church looks great, love al the ornamentation. Altough I'm not that sure about the white columns. :thumbup:

While I don't have a problem with his using white, I think it needs to be used more throughout the facade. Currently, from what I can see its used on that white arch and one or two windows. Then there are some brown windows on the back. I think it needs to be used more as an accent color; then again, dark-bley might work better.

Regardless, I really like it and I believe this is the first cathedral built to fit wit other modular buildings.

Edited by gotoAndLego

What a layout! These building are great. The church has such a lot of details. Would like to see an interior (i am always looking for inspiration). The stained glass is great. Love the way you extended the Medevil Market Buildings and incorporated them in your town.

Hi everybody and merry Christmas to all

A new version of my historic area (still wip in 2013)

I think the church is finished.

qh2-1.jpg

qh2-2.jpg

qh2-3.jpg

pb250160.jpg

Edited by castor-troy

Great MOCs/MODs! Your city is teriffic. The walkway between the Midevil bldg MODs to the church reminds me of the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona.

I really, really like your church as well. It also brings back memories of a church I saw in Barcelona (Santa Maria del Mar).

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Merry Christmas, castor-troy. I once again find myself drooling over your layout!

The church is stunning. I like how you have used the grey technic parts for the trims on the facade - very effective. Might have to keep that in mind for future builds.

The two modified MMV buildings look great too, and that last picture shows them off perfectly. How many MMV sets went into those two buildings?

I agree with the comments above - stunning is the right word for that cathedral. It would look fantastic in any layout... or, on second thoughts, it would probably dwarf just about anything in a small layout :)