antp

MOC: New truck for Fire Brigade 10197

One of the reasons that made me hesitate to buy the Fire Brigade (unlike the other modular buildings that I bought directly) was the old-style truck that comes with it.

So I made a new one.

I was a little inspired by Triborough's truck:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55206

but in the end mine looks completely different, except the pipes taken from the original old truck.

P1070695_2.JPG

P1070694_2.JPG

P1070697_2.JPG

The width & height is just the right size to fit in the building... but the truck is a little too long by one or two studs (it fits in the building but the garage door can't be closed)

P1070692_2.JPG

More on https://antp.be/lego/moc/10197-firetruck.php

Edited by antp
replaced link and pictures, as mocpages died

The width & height is just the right size to fit in the building... but the truck is a little too long by one or two studs (it fits in the building but the garage door can't be closed)

Believe it or not, that means you got the newer truck sized just right. Every real world fire department has encountered that issue where the new style modern fire trucks are just a hair too long to fit in the old in unmodified buildings. Often they discover this when they back the new truck in and knock down an interior wall :tongue:

Pretty much every classic pre 1970's street front / brick front firehouse has had to have its vehicle bays modified and extended by 1-3 feet ( .5 - 1 meters) in order to fit a modern standard " class A" pumper truck.

Believe it or not, that means you got the newer truck sized just right. Every real world fire department has encountered that issue where the new style modern fire trucks are just a hair too long to fit in the old in unmodified buildings. Often they discover this when they back the new truck in and knock down an interior wall :tongue:

Pretty much every classic pre 1970's street front / brick front firehouse has had to have its vehicle bays modified and extended by 1-3 feet ( .5 - 1 meters) in order to fit a modern standard " class A" pumper truck.

That is interesting. I went through the same process modding my firehouse after backing through the back doors with my new fire truck.

Nice little truck by the way. :thumbup:

Nice front section and use of oldschool tiles.

Very nice firetruck antp, I like the mix of new and old pieces, plus the use of pieces from the truck that came with FB. The red and black color combo looks great too, especially with the old fire logo. :thumbup:

I too made my own truck for my FB, though with a less modern approach. I'll make my own thread with more pics later but here it is. Funny how the fronts of both are very similar yet totally different.

IMAG0694.jpg