ED-209

Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

As Lego seem to be dragging their feet with an official figure of Nick Fury (I've heard they have no current plans to actually make him! :cry_sad: ), I decided to take a shot at it.

He appears in the background of the poster, and that's what I based the desin off. I had to take a fair bit of artistic license as most of the torso is covered by his arms and gun, and I tried to incorporate a bit of the old comic look to his belts/harness.

Nick%20Fury%20poster.jpg

So here's the end result - I've included two faces (with and without scars), front and back of torso, and legs. And I went with dark blue for the torso, with the expactation of sand blue arms and legs:

Nick%20Fury%2001.png

Any feedback or suggestions are most welcome!

EDIT: I've already seen the movie twice, I loved it! No spoilers, but Fury doesn't actually wear the outfit depicted in the Lego poster! *oh2*

I still like the combat ready look of my first attempt, but in the interest of movie accuracy I did another version of his more recognisable black outfit, both with a printed appearance of a trench coat and without (for anyone wanting to make a fabric coat.)

Quite tricky to make it look interesting seeing as it's really just all black-on-black, but here it is:

Nick%20Fury%2004.png

Nick%20Fury%2005.png

Edited by ED-209

THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally a nick fury decall. I know a lot of guys down in the Superheroes threads who will be happy about this. Great work :cry_happy: .

Looks really awesome!

Only thing that i can complain about is, that thereĀ“s nothing to complain about. ;)

Great job. Keep doing.

THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally a nick fury decall. I know a lot of guys down in the Superheroes threads who will be happy about this. Great work :cry_happy: .

I'm quite the comic book nerd myself, so I'm glad to share the design! :grin:

Looks really awesome!

Only thing that i can complain about is, that thereĀ“s nothing to complain about. ;)

Great job. Keep doing.

LOL, thank you, I think! :laugh:

I'll have to work on that for you for next time! :tongue:

I've also just updated the original post to include a more movie-accurate look. I'm not wholly satisfied with it though, I feel the detail of the blue combat outfit looks nicer. Perhaps that's why TLG took that route for the poster? Who knows.

But I'd be interested if anyone had any suggestions on how to make the black outfit "pop"? :sweet:

Wow, excellent work! I find it interesting that he doesn't wear that outfit, but I'll see about getting the parts so I can have a Fury figure with the rest of my Avengers.

very nice

The way you've made the eyes oval shaped, do they come out round when you place it on the torso? or is that how you wanted his eye shape to be?

Awesome! I will sure be using these sometime soon.

Thanks!

-Puck

Hi ED-209,

That is amazing. I am very new to the boards and am looking for someone to do some DC Comics face and torso designs. Is this something you might be interesetd in doing as a commission?

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by JFAWWE

Hi ED-209,

That is amazing. I am very new to the boards and am looking for someone to do some DC Comics face and torso designs. Is this something you might be interesetd in doing as a commission?

Thanks,

Jim

Most certainly, just PM me with the details if you'd like to discuss it! :classic: