Sign in to follow this  
Walter

"Shine on Little Lighthouse"

[pid][/pid]211D

This thing took me almost a month to construct. A good deal of inspiration comes from the Pirate area in Legoland Florida's Miniland and my passion for lighthouses. The lighthouse actually has a gear in the back that allows you to spin the light. The video will be uploaded shortly. There's some minor delays with this. I'll try to get it up soon.

EDIT: Okay it's up! Go check it out here.

7107672559_81fb81b988_z.jpg

"Shine on Little Lighthouse, Shine on" (Main) by Walter Boy, on Flickr

7107766171_1f94ab1589_n.jpg

"Shine on Little Lighthouse, Shine on" (6) by Walter Boy, on Flickr

7107680865_8364fce684_n.jpg

Lighthouse Details (7) by Walter Boy, on Flickr

The lighthouse keeper greets a small boat delivering supplies as they come ashore to the small island that is home to a watch tower for vessels lost at sea.

See more on my Flickr page.

Edited by Walt

Fantastic!!!! I really like this one. I will say I'm not a big fan of the MOC birds in general (not yours specifically), but the seagull made with the shoulder tassels looks great! Best one I've ever seen. Forgive me, but I will be stealing that one for my big Pirate scene.

Is there an interior to the lighthouse? Happen to have any more closeup shots of other parts of the MOC?

Also, what did you make the light enclosure out of? I can't tell.

Great work. The whole thing turned out wonderfully, but I especially I love all the different little birds and other small details you put in. :pir-classic:

What an awesome lighthouse... The glow effect is absolutely magnificient and I'm looking forward to your video already - having the light spin would really be a nice effect!

Also, great job on that boat as well - a lovely idea and design!

Wonderful water! The sand is also very carefully designed, I like that. There's not much to say about the building itself apart from that it's perfrect - an original technique used for the curve and very cool shutters :pir-sweet:

Impressive light house, and not just a light house the whole scene around it looks so finished and detailed that i don't even know what to comment on :p

looking forward to your video with the moving light.

Bart

Very nice build! I like how you did the birds and other small details.

The light effect is great as well.

One of my favourite things is the use of tan slopes at the bottom of the rocks. I can't remember having seen that before.

Very original :thumbup:

I appreciate all your comments. Thanks everybody! I finally got around to posting a video too. I had some minor delays with that. :imperialguard_commander1:

Is there an interior to the lighthouse? Happen to have any more closeup shots of other parts of the MOC?

Also, what did you make the light enclosure out of? I can't tell.

Sadly there's no interior, as I needed to use a good deal of space to support the top of the lighthouse and gearbox within the structure that allows me to turn the light.

The light enclosure is made using small trans clear plates. I also used headlight bricks to add plates and trans clear cheese slopes inbetween certain sections. It took me some time to come up with the technique, but I'm glad I did.

Walt I am impressed. Lighthouses are always a favorite of mine and yours delivers.

The water, the build up of rocks to the actual lighthouse structure and then of course the light that turns.

The video is great and if your feeling ambitious I'm curious what it would look like in low light? Is there light very bright?

The video is great and if your feeling ambitious I'm curious what it would look like in low light? Is there light very bright?

Thanks Big Cam! I tried some low light stuff but it didn't turn out too great. I want to experiment with some more techniques though, so I may try it again.

This creation is missing something... what could it be...

oh yeah... [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

This creation is missing something... what could it be...

oh yeah... [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Excellent. :pir-sweet:

That is a fantastic lighthouse Walt. Very impressive!

The lighthouse itself looks great, very realistic and accurate to the smallest detail. And then I don't even mention the surroundings, the beach, the wooden structures and the water are incredible.

Fantastic. Job well done I'd say! :pir-sweet:

Awesome little lighthouse! :classic:

The whole thing is spectacular, but one thing that really struck me was how realistic the transitions between deep sea, froth, wet sand, etc were. The 'crenellations' on the tower top look really cool as well.