Sign in to follow this  
Toltomeja

Architecture Contest: Krakow's Town Hall Tower

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

It was long ago when I forst tried to build it... Regrettably, the amount of brown and tan parts I had could be estimated as "almost none". I'd like to present you the second (successful) attempt - my latest MOC, which is also my Architecture Contest entry - Krakow's Town Hall Tower, one of the best-known landmarks of my home city.

And some history, for those who'd like to know a bit more about the building itself:

The Town Hall building was first build about 1300, in the Market Square. Since then, the building was continuously enlarged, and in XIV century the Tower was constructed. In 1680, fire destroyed its gothic-style cupola. Soon it was rebuilt in baroque style, but 100 years later the cupola was replaced again - to the one we can see today. The rest of the building was rearranged again in XIX century.

Unfortunately, the tower is the only part of the Town Hall which still exists - the rest of the Town Hall was demolished in 1946.

6899226332_3724286155_z.jpg

6899395096_de1dae3ba9_z.jpg

6899226030_28195f55af_z.jpg7045373757_516e31a521_z.jpg

More photos at my Brickshelf gallery

The Tower in Google Maps

To make it clear: I enter to the contest "Landmark series" category.

Enjoy!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice rendition! I like the snoted triangle-shape section :thumbup:

I'm a bit colorblind, but did you think of using white bricks

instead of tan?

Good luck in the contest!

Interesting to see this town hall tower, I love the combination of colors, and the way it looks so fine next to the actual building.

The scale is well kept too.

Good job. :thumbup:

There are some tricky shapes to this tower - nice interpretation though. As others have suggested, perhaps white with brown might have been more representative, but I like it all the same. For the spire you might have considered stacking technic gears of different sizes to achieve the tiered effect. Great job all around, though.

I'm a bit colorblind, but did you think of using white bricks

instead of tan?

Yes, I did. And such colours looked a bit weird, even though a bit more realistic.