BaronSat

Sales : Puerto Brico the set

Hello buccaneers,

Many of you enjoy my original model of Puerto Brico so I'm happy to present you Puerto Brico the set... or should I say the setS.

PuertoBrico_Cplete.jpg

You'll find all the informations on my webpage

Questions and comments are welcome.

Eric Druon / BaronSat

Those prices are pretty steep *wacko*

I'm sorry but it is not so hard to create a small merchant ship without spending 100 euros....

Brand new pieces can get rather expensive though, however these are steep :-( .

In the english section for #2 it says it includes 2 minifigures, I think you meant to write 9 like you did in the french section for #2.

Brand new pieces can get rather expensive though, however these are steep :-( .

Cleaverly noticed.

In the english section for #2 it says it includes 2 minifigures, I think you meant to write 9 like you did in the french section for #2.

Right, I corrected that, thanks.

you're not only paying for the parts but also the intellectual property. if you want it cheaper, alternatively you can buy his instructions and source for the parts yourself. :-)

just for the record, i'm not paid by baronsat nor am i commissioned by him or whatever, so i am only speaking for myself. i think his designs are unique and attractive and may be worth the extra premium. he is operating just like pre.classic-space.com in selling proprietary models. i mean if people are willing to pay for customized lego mfs, why not for unique creations?

These are absolutly beautiful, everything from looks, to playability. Good job to you Baronsat. Keep it up, but one thing though is that yes...They are expensive.

just for the record, i'm not paid by baronsat nor am i commissioned by him or whatever, so i am only speaking for myself. i think his designs are unique and attractive and may be worth the extra premium. he is operating just like pre.classic-space.com in selling proprietary models. i mean if people are willing to pay for customized lego mfs, why not for unique creations?

Now can't a unique creation like this be considered as an artwork? Sure its made from LEGO which we associate with a propriety brand, howevermany successful artists have sourced their material from well known brands.

Artworks are constantly selling (if the artist has established themself that is) for ridicuously high prices and to the casual observer they may seem like a heap of over piced crap, however to someone who understands and appreciates them, the price may be justified. (Just note that I'm not saying Puerto Brico is a heap of crap or priced ridicuously high, I was writing that generally)

mister phes...dont quite understand your post. were you refuting me or agreeing with me?

Well the prices aside, which are... well, ow! The sets look great, especially the main tavern dockside looking piece. It does feel very Caribbean. What about a little more greenery though? :-)

Sometimes works sell more for when the artist has passed away. But, not to get scared or anything of that matter. So, how have sales been going BaronSat...anything?

Well the prices aside, which are... well, ow! The sets look great, especially the main tavern dockside looking piece. It does feel very Caribbean. What about a little more greenery though? :-)

I have been out of town for 1 week without web access, so sorry for my late reply.

Hi,

Thanks for your compliment, I'm pleased you like my model. Of course I would be more pleased if you buy one :-$

More greenery would be nice but it's always a question of room on the model. Well, my customers can customize my custom... hm, that makes a lot of "custom". ;-)

Sometimes works sell more for when the artist has passed away. But, not to get scared or anything of that matter. So, how have sales been going BaronSat...anything?

:skel1: I'm not in a hurry for that X-D

Sales are going gently as the deadline is on end november. I suppose that more people will contact me after as it happens each time :-)

The new smilies are really cute, congrats to the maker, who is???

I can't remeber the name but the creatoris named in the New Smilies thread.

A deadline? Why is there a deadline on your item?

Sometimes works sell more for when the artist has passed away.

Maybe we should assassinate Baron Sat to help increase sales... X-D

The new smilies are really cute, congrats to the maker, who is???

All information, questions and comments about the new smileys can be found in this thread :-P

in that photo has a better apaerancve than in the first photo i saw...it's better seeing an imperial armada building, a pirate building and a ship than an imperial buildoing mexed with the pirate buildig...welll now i notices about the pirate with a greay beard...can somebody tell me in where LEGO theme appear that grey beard?

That beard was made by Little Armory, but the guy making them has stopped because of some personal problems.

Yes, but now you can buy them at Armothe's BrickForge.

Maybe we should assassinate Baron Sat to help increase sales... X-D

I'm pleased to have good friends like you all, but I'll remember to carry my 9mm when I'll go out of my flat now ;-)

How does one make a custom beard? I don't think we've covered that here before.

The gray beard was made by Redbean who is a great sculptor and it's sold by Armothe now. They are professionnally molded in a factory which makes a big difference with resin cast customs.

I'm pleased to have good friends like you all, but I'll remember to carry my 9mm when I'll go out of my flat now ;-)

A 9mm pencil? X-D

We'd only assassinate you to posthumously increase the value of sets. We're just trying to help you see.

A 9mm pencil? X-D

A 9mm plasma-phaser-gun like the one I use to fight alien creatures that invade my home.

Hunting_Aliens.jpg

Ok, no Lego here... sorry *sweet*