Sign in to follow this  
Marckeyh

Architecture Contest: Clarendon building

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all,

I'm glad to present my contribution for the architecture contest:

The Clarendon Building is a landmark Grade I listed building in Oxford, England, owned by the University of Oxford. It was built between 1711 and 1715 to house the Oxford University Press. It stands in the centre of the city in Broad Street, near the Bodleian Library and the Sheldonian Theatre. It was vacated by the Press in the early nineteenth century, and used by the university for administrative purposes. In 1975 it was handed over to the Bodleian Library, and now provides office and meeting space for senior members of staff.

I chose this landmark building because Oxford was my home town for the last 7 years.

-Marco

clarendon_a.jpg

clarendon_b.jpg

clarendon_photo.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very nice! I've never seen this building before but from the picture your model looks like an accurate representation. I like the squarish arches on the windows and how the tiled floor is broken up by using different colors. Good luck in the contest. :thumbup:

Very nice! I like the colour scheme. :thumbup: But it is a pitty, that it's only half the building. :sadnew:

Amazing. Wondering why you only did the facade? Ran out of bricks? Wanted to show the front courtyard, which is awesome, by the way. Great build! Good luck.

Thanks all for the nice comments.

I agree, too bad it's only the facade, but I don't have the parts to complete the rest of the building. I hope this will do as is, and that it gives a good impression of the architecture style.