Sign in to follow this  
InsaneJames

Architecture Contest: Lincoln Monument

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone, here is my

entry into the Architecture Landmark series contest.

Lincoln Monument

6976391887_549ef7b4a8.jpg

Lincoln Monument par InsaneJames, sur Flickr

Here is a zoom on the chair:

6828019354_22e90eb800.jpg

And now the real one:

6830272156_7bcdc176b2.jpg

Hope you like it !:laugh:

*This picture wasn't take in 2007

-InsaneJames-

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Not bad, but there are a few things I need to point out here.

First off, this is not the Lincoln Monument, it's the Lincoln Memorial as your reference image states. Secondly, this isn't architecture, it's just a sculpture. I suggest trying to build the rest of the temple in order to make this count as architecture. Also, it looks like Abe is piloting a podracer, :laugh: so I think it would be better if you could find a way to attach his arms on top of the armrests. I am also not sure about the hair choice. Personally, I would prefer Count Dooku hair or generic male hair, but it's up to you.

No offense, it's a good start, but far from being a worthy addition to the architecture line in my opinion.

Yeah, the whole building would be better suited to the contest. The only architecture I see is two columns. It's a good start though. I know you said it in your post, but how was this picture not taken in '07? Did you take the picture yesterday, and just for kicks you put '07, I don't get it...

Yeah, the whole building would be better suited to the contest. The only architecture I see is two columns. It's a good start though. I know you said it in your post, but how was this picture not taken in '07? Did you take the picture yesterday, and just for kicks you put '07, I don't get it...

You're not the only one. :wacko: Also, if possible, could you use this piece for Lincoln's hair:

43751.jpg

I find it much more realistic.

Also, why are his arms positioned like that? He looks like he is angrily getting up...

Looks good. I have to agree with what others have said, you should try a different hair piece of the same color. I really like the lighting on the second picture, maybe it would be good to have your first picture like that too?

Anyways, good luck. :thumbup: