Christoph

The Myth of Erezhi

Today I lecture about how the Siccus Badlands were created.

In the beginning of time there was harmony.

Sun and Moon lived happily together.

They had seven children.

myth1.jpg

But harmony did not last.

Sun became excessive and could not restrain himself.

He burnt the land and ate their children in sheer madness.

So the desert came into being.

myth2.jpg

Moon grieved deeply for the death of their children.

Her tears dropped to the ground and formed small oases in the desert.

From this day on Moon and Sun went different paths

- their definite breakup formed night and day.

myth3.jpg

How then did the people of Kaliphlin evolve?

In all devastation, the youngest sister and the youngest brother did hide.

The Great Camel Erezhi protected them in his hump.

So two children of Sun and Moon survived.

myth4.jpg

They became the ancestors of the people of Kaliphlin.

Camels are hold holy today because they help to survive in the desert.

The hump of the Great Camel Erezhi is nowadays known as

the Lone Mountain Erezhi, you know it as a popular postcard motive.

myth5.jpg

Tell this myth to your children,

yours truth-seeking

Abū Alī.

Very nice both the story and the MOCs :thumbup: ! I like the simplicity and small nature of the MOCs, it fits the "story-genre" very well. Almost as if they are small drawings made to illustrate the story, like those miniatures in medieval books. The story is very well thought out. It feels like a genuine myth that could actually be told somewhere by some people here in our world :sweet: .

A good story indeed. And the mocs are briljantly done fore backing up the story :thumbup:

Abū Alī, that's a great myth! I really like the story, and the MOCs really fit well with it. I had stuck Erezhi on the map originally because it seemed like a cool idea to have a 'Lone Mountain' in the middle of the desert. Thanks for supplying a back-story for it! Good to see you posting here again. Keep up the good work!

I really like this Cristoph. Especially the shot with the burning Sun and huge camel. Reminds me of "The Hungry Caterpillar" in style. Very nice

:classic:

Great job. Truly wonderful.

I think you really capture the whole creation myth wonderfully in LEGO. :cry_happy:

Great work, very inventive. Looks like a tale they could have told in those ancient times 3000 years ago, which truly fits the Kaliphin Guild. Great style.

I liked the myth a lot, but I think that the way the MOC's laid out like a play or puppet show made it stand out as a very unique entry in this competition. Nice aproach!

Thank you all for the comments. I am glad you like the story history lessons of Kaliphlin!

Abū Alī, that's a great myth! I really like the story, and the MOCs really fit well with it. I had stuck Erezhi on the map originally because it seemed like a cool idea to have a 'Lone Mountain' in the middle of the desert. Thanks for supplying a back-story for it! Good to see you posting here again. Keep up the good work!

Master Cartographer of the Kaliphlin guild, I am actually quite relieved to hear that you are okay with the backstory. Before I posted the myth I used google to search the guild thread whether there is already a story... You guys are sometimes very active ... :thumbup: ... and a busy truth-seeker can't always keep up with you...

Thank you all for the comments. I am glad you like the story history lessons of Kaliphlin!

Master Cartographer of the Kaliphlin guild, I am actually quite relieved to hear that you are okay with the backstory. Before I posted the myth I used google to search the guild thread whether there is already a story... You guys are sometimes very active ... :thumbup: ... and a busy truth-seeker can't always keep up with you...

Really nice usage of the micro-minifigs!

The result of the sun, moon, clouds, sky, ... was really surprising as well :thumbup:

So this where the lonely mountain comes from. I think Geschi Edeh Nis (our History Professor) was sleeping in class when they were teaching Kaliphlin myths :laugh:

I seriously love this - the myth is beautiful, moving and very well told, and the little backdrops that illustrate the story are wonderful in thier simplicity. I am especially fond of the oasis at night, with the slanting shape of the sky and the jewels for stars. It has such a serene feel to it. :classic: The one vig that i think could use a little more work is the sun swallowing his children - it seems to me that the sun should be bigger relitive to the microfigs, and it also looks like the microfigs are just walking into the sun's mouth! :look: But's that's a small niggle - great work! :thumbup:

Very creative. I love the sun and moon concept. You've done a very nice job of portraying a more mythical tale. Very nice job of integrating the most important things in Kaliphlin.