Henchmen4Hire

[WIP] Vactor 2100 Series Waste Vacuum Truck

...WIP :tongue: Believe it or not this is still minifig scale, the figs just look a little small because they have weird proportions.

Sometimes I see these big beefy trucks rumbling around Los Angeles, they were so mysterious and frightening until I found out they're used to suck poop out of the storm drains. :laugh:

They have different combinations of equipment and models (year), all of which I don't know anything about, so I'm just picking and choosing features to implement and see what fits.

-Extended the rear wheels a bit

-Have to find a way to not make the silver tanks tilt when the main tank tilts

-Need to finish rear area under the tank (brakelights, license plate, etc)

vactortruck.jpg

-1X4 Trans Orange tile should clip into the empty clip here

ol.jpg

k.jpg

po.png

9qcies.jpg

Hopefully I find a detailed image of the area behind the cab...

Edited by DrNightmare

Haha! Gully Sucker is a much better name than Poop Sucker :laugh:

Updated the first image, I think I got the proportions right...

I'm thinking of making this 9-wide just to torture myself :tongue:

Its looking good and I can't wait to see the finished product! The only thing I would change is 1x1 gap in the door but other than that, great work :thumbup:

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

Yus, filled in a few gaps, made room to build an engine under the hood too.

Addded a pic of what the tank looks like so far. I don't know how else to make a round 6x6 structure other than using those 6x6 dishes :[ Maybe with hinges but I don't want to resort to that in LDD haha

Cool, that's a big truck for poop, we've got similar ones for our septic tanks here in the UK, they're red. I hope it doesn't have an evacuate button :laugh:

Looking good size works fine for me mind you a bit big for my city, for the container have you tried those 'macaroni' pieces?

Looks great so far. Interesting technique for the area around the front wheels. What part is that on the tops of the exhaust pipes?

Thanks for the suggestion Cpt., took me a second to figure out how to attach them to each other 180 degrees :tongue: New pic added up there.

Those are hairdryers on the pipes :)

I've since found out that I'm going to have to make the large hose boom swivel 180 degrees left-to-right and also be telescopic :wacko:

-Updated with new pictures

Edited by DrNightmare

Alrighty, I'm done tweaking it, can't really work on the boom unless I have it in real bricks because of the hoses involved.

What do you folks think, pretty cool, eh?

if you want detailed pics let me know....i build the electral systems for theses kind of trucks. we refurb and rbuild these trucks. I have one just like that in the shop with no tanks in it(tank went up and hit an overpass,fliped the tank 180 ).

That'd be fantastic! All I really need is a picture of the area right behind the cab since I can't find a tight shot of that. A shot of where the hose/boom swings left to right would be great too so I can get the shape right.

Do you work on any other cool trucks I could build? :classic:

Edited by DrNightmare

Great work, Dr. Nigthmare!

If this isn't the most unique based in real life MOC I've ever seen, I don't know what is. I love the orange/blue colour scheme, and the shaping on the tanks. The cone on the front is one of the first times ( I think) I've seen it done. Hope to see the model in physical form!

Waste reclamation on!

Dakar

That'd be fantastic! All I really need is a picture of the area right behind the cab since I can't find a tight shot of that. A shot of where the hose/boom swings left to right would be great too so I can get the shape right.

Do you work on any other cool trucks I could build? :classic:

ill get pics on monday.

we do have some other cool trucks to.....that vac truck is only a vac they make jetter vacs that have a 1000 feet of hose a huge pump and water tanks

and a custom jetter truck we made and was just in a show

Edited by alansch2002

ill get pics on monday.

we do have some other cool trucks to.....that vac truck is only a vac they make jetter vacs that have a 1000 feet of hose a huge pump and water tanks

and a custom jetter truck we made and was just in a show

post-27069-13310109073.jpg

post-27069-133101091665.jpg

post-27069-133101092606.jpg

post-27069-133101093678.jpg

post-27069-133101095507.jpg