Sign in to follow this  
Balthasar

Ragnarok

Mighty Lord Ssilyrrlith,

I am pleased to report that our constructions work in Mitgardia has reached it's completion. Ragnarok is an Embassy in the Orcish Marches of Mitgardia. It has all aspects as requested: easy to defend, design to show the power and wealth of Nocturnus in order to cause defectors. The local orcish clans have shown no sign of hostility, yet. However, we continue to to distrust them. We would like to request an audiance at your palace to provide a presentation of our project.

Your most devoted servant,

Count Nero

Ragnarok

Nocturnus Embassy in Mitgardia

6883106653_9606b5fcaa_b.jpg

6886421499_05144ba973_z.jpg

6877810979_693ff34071.jpg6877801405_c52a2e2dc6.jpg

6877752803_834fe75b5a.jpg6877775813_62a79ab725.jpg

6877767687_ac2285dd5e.jpg6877783457_41ebdc6545.jpg

We Nocturians enjoy our contact with the local Mitgardians

6877788073_93b104c8c3_z.jpg

6877792725_30f08f276c.jpg6877796377_de233ae855.jpg

The top of the tower is a design of CheesySlopes. I used some Derfel techniques for the windows, one roof element is from busboy's mitgardian

tower. The footsteps in the snow are copied from Hound'.

The Mitgardian peasant present in the interior is there just to keep up appearances. He is released short after the pictures was completed with a nice sum of money and complements.

Bigger pictures available in my flickr

C&C Welcome, especially on how to take better pictures,

Count Balthasar Nero, House of the Black Knights

For our mighty guild Nocturnus

Edited by Balthasar

Definately Nocturnus, I love the second photo with those arches like that, very nice. The footsteps look good, the black tower against the white snow makes it really stand out, great work :thumbup:

Ragnarok looks fantastic, a worthy addition for our travelling guildsmen! Great job on the structure and the snow surrounds look great. :thumbup:

I normally just look on and enjoy the MOC pics. But I decided to come out of the shadows to say that how you built in the footprints that the troll left in the snow was a sheer brilliant idea IMHO on top of a top notch build. Kudos.

Now back to under my rock.

Edited by Kwatchi

I normally just look on and enjoy the MOC pics. But I decided to come out of the shadows to say that how you built in the footprints that the troll left in the snow was a sheer brilliant idea IMHO on top of a top notch build. Kudos.

Now back to under my rock.

I have to agree with you there, but - unfortunantly for me - the credits are for Hound'.

When I was looking for snowy landscapes on flickr to get some ideas, I stumbled upon this hidden jewel.

4480408056_12c76e644f_m.jpg

I loved the idea and just had to use it. So I build the snowy landscape first and then added the building at the end.

Wow, there's a lot to love here! The footprints in the snow, the SNOT pools, the great greebling, the brick-built dragons heads on the eaves, the photo-editing on the first two pics, etc. Really great combination of Nocturnus and Mitgardia styles. Outstanding job.

Great job on this! I love all the roof and eaves detail work. The snot ponds are great too. I absolutely LOVE the footsteps from the Orc and the human chair :tongue: . The colors work really well in this too. Excellent MOC!

Wow, a beaut of an embassy Balthasar! :thumbup: Lovely classic-castle design until you get to that jagged, imposing tower.. great stuff! The snow scene is wonderful too - i'll have to remember that trick with the footprints. :thumbup:

ps. i lol'ed at the poor fellow being used as a seat as well - kind of a hard position to negotiate from! :laugh:

This is a great embassy. The roof, especially looks fantastic. The top of the tower reminds me a bit of Orthanc. Very impressive. I like all the trappings you made around the place. It looks like a building that the locals of Mitgardia would appreciate admiring from afar, but would not want to get to close too. I like the footprints in the snow.