Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Konolar thoux

In the city of lord Jakon Ritight of Konogourd, Mitgardia, is Konolar thoux, an Avalonian embassy.

6887827773_aba8fcdb2a_z.jpg

This embassy is the home to an Avalonian family with one child and 2 gaurds. It is a trading house and many Mitgardians (and the few Avalonians) from the area come for some of the finest Avalonian goods available in Mitgardia.

6854449509_76b8325170_z.jpg

6854463437_199bed4a92_z.jpg

two kids and a dwarf settling an argument over who's taller via snowball fight :laugh:

6854453457_83d6aa2257_z.jpg

I'm not to sure he knows the rules though... (catapult functional)

6854465557_36172de13f_z.jpg

6854469919_f9c4488eda_z.jpg

6854474351_787305e92f_z.jpg

Jakon Ritight with a barrel of Avalonian dwarvern ale (XL)

6854491133_d8482d73cb_z.jpg

6854488873_0df9cfb4f5_z.jpg

apologies for the bad image quality, it was a rushed job as I only just unpacked the LEGO (and went on a building spree) :sweet: will photoshop images eventually, just making sure its up on time - thanks to my friend Sean for helping lay the snow.

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Looks really good! It has a real classic castle style to it and I like that a lot!

The snow on the roofs are really well done, looks like the snow have melted a bit, only leaving some snow on top of the roofs!

Fun to see the kids play in the snow! :laugh:

Nice one.

love the kids and dwarf in the snowball fight. why didn't I think of a catapult to launch giant snowballs when i was a kid?

I like this building. It looks a little like a church: the tower, and the broad hall. Very nice work!

Good work m'boy!

I like the half timber portions, the yellow and dk brown is pretty cool together.

I also like what you did with the snow.

The gray on the bottom though does look a little bland. I see there is some variety in there, but it could use a little more. I understand you said it was a rush job, but it certainly still looks pretty polished!

Overall, another good design by you. You remind me of MikeyB, a fast riser and a quick leaner!

This is what I like! :thumbup:

The embassy itself looks great, nice transitions between stone and woodwork, the yellow works very well in here.

Perhaps the bright red looks a bit too 'clean' as Mitgardia is a harsh region for buildings. And some small amounts of foliage would break up the snow nicely.

But I guess the best of all is, I had a good laugh about the dwarf and his catapult, and the XL (!) barrel of ale.

Ale is delicious, especially Avalonian Dwarven Ale, especially in XL barrels! :wub:

Great stuff!

Wow. I think that's some of the best 'snow work' I've seen yet.

Really well done.

And the Snowball fight is instant fav. :iamded_lol::laugh:

Really nice work ! :thumbup:

Wow. I think that's some of the best 'snow work' I've seen yet.

Really well done.

And the Snowball fight is instant fav. :iamded_lol::laugh:

Really nice work ! :thumbup:

Indeed the snow on the roofs is very well done! And the hit by a snowball face is a nice touch! Also the yellow and brown turned out great!

Great work, snowball fight is great, colour scheme is interesting, not your standard avalonian but certainly a classic castle feel, infact the colour scheme is of a nocturnus orientation. Great snow work too. :thumbup:

Thank you all for your kind comments!

@Zcerberus: I wasn't to sure about the stone walls but it looks much better in reality as whiile it doesn't stand out much in the photos the stone is made up of a mixture of new and old bricks which look pretty cool.

@Captain Blakmoor: I just bought the roof tiles (two packs) as i didn't have any and the still look extreamly new. I'll try to improve it in the future. as for for shrubbery I only have 6x5 leafs and seaweed parts and i found they didn't look the best on the snow.

Sorry about the index, i haven't much time now that the school year has started and my new internet is quite limited.

Once again thanks and I'm glad you liked it!

I like all that you've done with the snow. The snow on the roof has a nice 3-Dness to it, and the snowballed face is brilliant. I really like the brown and yellow floor, both for the color use and the paneling design. Nice MOC!

Thanks Rogueang, for the comment and especially for taking over the index from me, good job :sweet:

Excellent work, Legonardo!

I, like everyone, have noticed your clever snow design! Your embassy also conveys our guild's overall feel, but transported to another locale, which is exactly the point of this challenge. You do your guild proud!

First of all, let me state how sorry I am to have not made a construction comment so far

Secondly, this is a beautiful embassy, and I am honored to have it in my town,

thirdly, some slight spelling errors, Konugard and Jakon Rytight

fourthly, would you kindly post this in the town thread?

:thumbup: I love the stories you guys make behind each MOC. It's almost like role-playing. :laugh: