Sign in to follow this  
Duck

HMS Uncapturable

[pid][/pid] 124B

Ahoy there,

I have decided to finally post some images of my 44 gun redcoat warship "HMS Uncapturable".

She is designed to be slightly overpowered due to her upcoming role in Brickington Sails Forth: Episode Eight.

I was going to wait until I'd finished the Brickflick to show images of her but I havent really started it yet and these images have been waiting to be uploaded for six months already!

According to The Redcoat Times:

The Uncapturable sets out to capture!

Ladies and gentlemen of our great empire, it is with great pleasure that The Redcoat Times can reveal that our strongest warship to date has been completed. HMS Uncapturable will sail the waters safe in the knowledge that with a broadside of 22 guns there is no chance that she will fall into enemy hands.

She will sail the seas, reigning death and destruction down upon the Bluecoats and our foes. Friends and families of those crewmen lucky enough to sail aboard her have no need to worry as all enemy vessels will be blown out of the water or surrender long before they may fire a shot in anger.

For the glory of the Redcoat Empire!

Stanley Studbrick, Reporter.

Of course, this faith may be slightly misplaced. The more observant may notice a floor in the level of the lower gunports - something my little redcoats have glazed over in their own view of the ship!

As I say, the ship is deliberately overpowered also for the size of it - in order for it to fit in with the story. There is no interior to the ship, due to it being more of a "film set" any interior shots will be filmed separately for convenience. The top deck can be removed however to allow easy manoeuvring of cannons!

So without further ado... here she is!

6862129143_994be4d7b5.jpg

6862129679_65a6b0a029.jpg

6862132237_29d5edca7c.jpg

6862132957_0553047103.jpg

6862133653_1e7e77945e.jpg

6862134127_d8f3bd29e8.jpg

While we're at it, we might as well meet the crew!

Below we have the officers:

6862135509_acfa221d1d.jpg

The marines: (Brickington seems to have made it onto this one... cant quite remember what my logic was as he'll be on a different ship during the film!)

6862137219_3ffd920211.jpg

And the sailors:img]

6862139365_fd101ef4ed.jpg

The Marines are inspected on the deck of the ship:

6862130755_4416f5bcd3.jpg

Taking in the view from the bridge:

6862131231_b670611133.jpg

An officer ensures that there is no slacking!

6862131017_e13419bf38.jpg

"Now, show me that horizon..."

6862130495_a7f1812500.jpg

So, the ship is now complete - its come a long way since two years ago when I first posted the below movie:

Thanks for viewing, and as ever all feedback is much appreciated!

I can't wait for the next episode! (especially for Stud :laugh:)

This ship was in episode one as a back-drop, was it not? Regardless, she does indeed look "uncapturable" compared to LEGO ships.

My my you are observant Jack!

The ship featured in episode one is the same ship but in a former life - where the video I posted in this thread somewhat came true... I dropped it :(

So I rebuilt her as the Uncapturable! :cannon:

With the number of ships that end up on your floor in pieces I think you should build one named the "Unbreakable." :tongue:

Although, on second thought, with a name like that she'd surely not last long. :grin:

Uncapturable indeed!! Just to say that I'm quite a fan of the Brickington clips since I joined the pirates forum a while ago, glad to know Mr Brickington is about to get a big big ship! Good luck on the hunt for the elusive pirates of unknown imitate brand!

With the number of ships that end up on your floor in pieces I think you should build one named the "Unbreakable." :tongue:

Although, on second thought, with a name like that she'd surely not last long. :grin:

It is a form of ship-evolution - if it survives the fall it stays the same, if it breaks it deserves a redesign! That's what I try to tell myself every time this happens anyway! :pir-wink:

Thanks also Tomcat - glad you've liked the films! And possibly one day Brickington might end up with this one...* Mysterious eyes* We shall see! :thumbup:

There's not a chance in Hell that Brickington is going to end up in this ship. Because then something would have to go terribly awry, and we couldn't have that for so majestic a vessel. No, he will undoubtedly be teased and tempted by it to some great extent, but alas, be confined to some slab-sided dutch-built bugger. It's his lot in life... and we love him for it. :grin:

This is a nice vessel! Not often enough we do see ships at this scale, this is a very original build default_thumbup.gif I'm not quite sure about those slopes between the two gun's decks. I think they look somewhat odd.

Anyhow the stern with the trans-blue glass is something unique too, I like it pirate_classic.gif Nice build.

There's not a chance in Hell that Brickington is going to end up in this ship. Because then something would have to go terribly awry, and we couldn't have that for so majestic a vessel. No, he will undoubtedly be teased and tempted by it to some great extent, but alas, be confined to some slab-sided dutch-built bugger. It's his lot in life... and we love him for it. :grin:

That might be true, but you forced me to look up two new words in the dictionary pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Frank Brick Wright

This is a nice vessel! Not often enough we do see ships at this scale, this is a very original build default_thumbup.gif I'm not quite sure about those slopes between the two gun's decks. I think they look somewhat odd.

Anyhow the stern with the trans-blue glass is something unique too, I like it pirate_classic.gif Nice build.

Thanks for the feedback Frank! I was a bit unsure about the slopes in the middle myself but thought that as this isnt supposed to be a precisely historically accurate ship they might be a nice feature. I might get rid of those next time I drop it on my bedroom floor however!

Glad you like the stern design also!