Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Conclusion

6843319965_166aca24ed_o.png

The earth shakes with an almighty explosion. The aftershock causes rocks to fall and a firestorm emanates from the mouth of IMHOTEP. Fearing for their lives, the remaining Campies flee from the giant statue and the following inferno.

6837636887_0ff8a58853_z.jpg

It is the wrath of IMHOTEP!

His eyes blaze. He roars so loudly that the yelps and screams of the terrified Campies are easily drowned out.

6837642575_f41b02ee77_z.jpg

"Rrrroooooaaaaarrrrr!"

Hugh Janus dives for cover in the nearest available space and finds himself staring up at Aloysius's undercarriage.

6837646971_33f02ae136_z.jpg

Toulouse Leplot follows Gordon Bennett in running to sanctuary in Ossie and Is's shack, but in his haste he trips and falls, landing on top of him in a most unseemly fashion.

6837650471_2456daa86a_z.jpg

William Fitzpatrick, seeking any form of shelter, and possibly still his elusive feather boa rabbit snare, tumbles into the large pile of abandoned clothes...

6837655169_932ac48183_z.jpg

... and after evaluating his dwindling options, Johnson Cox jumps in after.

6837659769_c9e41a3e16_z.jpg

Ishaq Ettaq still has his trusty shovel and starts digging like fury...

6837668637_ea0b0a56f5_z.jpg

... burying himself in the sand to escape the falling fiery rocks.

6837672963_015c2fdde3_z.jpg

As all the Campies find their refuge, Jenny Taylor doubles back towards the statue's mouth...

6837678335_29af0a9372_z.jpg

"Schnookums! There you are! I thought I'd lost you, but you can't stay here, it's not safe!" she cries.

As Jenny stoops to pick up the stuffed bear, a dark and foreboding figure appears at IMHOTEP's mouth, freezing her to the spot as she stares, terrified...

6837684707_c9e0ff6b4a_z.jpg

<cough, cough>

"Bwah, hullo old gal! Little bit smokey in there, dontcha know! But I saw her in alright, bwah!"

Splutters Roger Goodenarde (for it is he) causing Jenny (and her bosoms) to heave a huge sigh of relief.

6837690941_05980710ab_z.jpg

"Best get ourselves out of the way of these damnable falling fiery rocks, eh what?" he continues to the still speechless Jenny, as he leads her to safety in the nearby waterfall pool.

6837696341_abd7af1501_z.jpg

It is entirely possible that the soaking Jenny's blouse receives causes Roger's monocle to pop right out of his eye...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is early the next morning, so early that it is still night-dark.

IMHOTEP is aglow; his eyes continue to burn, fire continues to rage around him and a deep blood-red light spills from his mouth.

6842366451_4a56ca2565_z.jpg

He looks pretty damn angry.

The aura of fire picks out two dark figures, addressing the statue...

6842373273_c8dd035ba3_z.jpg

As the dawn breaks, new light is cast over the canyon and Osiris and Isis can be seen in animated conversation.

6842381529_a9e0dc09c7_z.jpg

"Feed me Virgins! They taste so sweet, so succulent! Feed me Virgins!!"

"You promised!" shouts Isis "You vowed that if they managed to sacrifice the evil ones to you then you would let these people go!"

Isis shakes her head in disappointment; Osiris, frowning, continues

"You made a contract." says Osiris determinedly "You cannot renege on it. It was a blood oath. You know it cannot be done."

6842387645_5489291d43_z.jpg

"We will force you, if needs be" they assert together "you know that we can."

Some timid coughing and shuffling of feet now draws our attention to the recently surfaced Campies.

"Uhhhm" says a small voice "I'm pretty sure there aren't any virgins left here, actually"

The Campies look bashfully at one another.

"Not anymore, at least" mutters someone.

6842682539_7728206877_z.jpg

The sound of splashing and giggling from the waterfall pool turns the Campies eyes thence.

"Nope, none here either" titters Jenny, with a twinkle in her eye.

6842691569_a0e2321ebe_z.jpg

Osiris and Isis turn back to IMHOTEP.

"It is futile, IMHOTEP, you must relent." states Isis "That which you desire now is no longer here"

"And besides," continues Osiris "the bargain was set, and the price has been paid. You still have your sacrifices."

6842702783_554eb3173c_z.jpg

"Oh all right, fine, but it's just that those Virgins tasted so much nicer than those Cultists. Except the one that tasted of scorpion balls, I mean, seriously, he gave me indigestion, mind you he wasn't a Virgin was he? Yeah, so I can see where you're coming from, and yeah, I guess you have a point. Okaaaaaay. :hmpf:"

6842713401_aa42f02304_z.jpg

"Right... uhhm... good. Glad that's settled." mutter Osiris and Isis

Meanwhile, inside the great statue of IMHOTEP, there's one hell of a party in full swing...

6842727487_bb471ea1e4_z.jpg

Sheila has now arrived and wastes no time in doing body-shots with Father Tomato. Percy is playing 'hide the snake' with Melaena, and Mehmet indulges in a little stage-diving while general merriment and hedonism prevail with enough noise to raise the dead...

Unfortunately even the free flowing wine doesn't stop the revellers from realising the room is shaking. The source of the disruption becomes evident as the mummified IMHOTEP rises from his sarcophagus.

6842735191_02622638cf_z.jpg

"Waaaaah" and "Aaaaargh!" are the general cries of distress from the merry-makers as they make, in a less than merry way, for the hitherto unnoticed doors.

"Oooh! Shiny!" exclaims Betty Swallocks

"Aha" says Mustafa, turning to IMHOTEP "just the man, mummy, whatever. Now, about that immortality you promised us..."

"Yeah!" cry the other Cultists, also stopping in their running away.

6842743371_eed95bdf03_z.jpg

Those Innocent Campies not interested in immortality with IMHOTEP continue to squeeze their way out of the grand doors...

6842751583_7b3da0b4c1_z.jpg

...leaving Melaena Stools (CallMePieOrDie), Betty Swallocks (TinyPiesRUs), Nicholas Hoare (Fugazi), Sheila Suxsumb (Tamamono) and Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor) alone with IMHOTEP.

Oh, but you shall have immortality... booms IMHOTEP...

6842755677_ae17c47ca1_z.jpg

...as the doors close forever.

Back in the canyon, now that IMHOTEP has been satisfied, things have settled down somewhat. The remaining Campies gather together in the bright sunlight, a gentle cooling breeze refreshing them after their long night of terror and.. exertions.

6842775671_b6d6d18caf_z.jpg

Jenny Taylor (Sandy), Aloysius (ADHO 15), Roger Goodenarde (Professor Flitwick), Gordon Bennett (KielDaMan), William Fitzpatrick (CorneliusMurdock), Hugh Janus (Eskallon), Johnson Cox (Cecilie) and Toulouse Leplot (Whitefang) gather together for a group hug next to Ishaq Ettaq (Wuntin), still buried in the sand.

Congratulations to the surviving Innocents!

In the early morning sun, with much groaning and some apologising, some familiar faces emerge from the mouth of the now calm statue.

6842784909_8a46a5154d_z.jpg

Percy Pantwitter (Rick), Father Tomato (Ricecracker), Mehmet Attabar (Hinckley), Hans Gubernaculum (Bob), Patrick Fitzwilliam (def), Ahmed Apu (Zepher), Mellifluous Murgatroyd (Scubacarrot), Penny Farago (Waterbrick Down), Ophelia Balls (fhomess) and Nadir Zenith (JimButcher).

Congratulations to Team Innocent! Winners!

"Well, it's great to have everyone back together again, but you still haven't told us how we get out of this damn place!" exclaims one exhausted Campie

"Well, it's quite easy, really," explains Osiris "we just flick this switch here, and turn that knob there, and then... this bit of canyon just slides away"

"Yeah," add Isis "you even watched us do this when we took the car out to get ice cream. It's quite handy, really."

"Ohhh yeeeeah" murmurs the crowd.

6842793577_f9e08fcf27_z.jpg

The Campies gather up what items they can and make their way to the outside world, and freedom.

6842798869_69ecd9691e_z.jpg

Ishaq just about remembers to wake up and run after the others before the canyon wall slides closed once more.

6842809587_7f0dd7fd40_z.jpg

"Ahhh, just the two of us once more" sighs Isis looking around the decimated canyon.

"Yup" agrees Osiris contentedly "but we'd better get this cleaned up before the Cult of Cheese Contortionists gets here next month."

"Yeah" replies Isis unhappily "contorting cheese can be... messy. :sick: "

"Put the kettle on, dear, we're going to need more tea."

Epilogue

The year is 1960. Roger Cox-Fitzpatrick and Wilhelmina Attabar-Taylor have arrived from the New York Metropolitan Museum to retrieve the great artefact of IMHOTEP's head and oversee its airlift back to the United States.

6842991439_8a05ae8087_z.jpg

"And many thanks to Professors Cox-Fitzpatrick and Attabar-Taylor for their exclusive interviews on this landmark occasion in the world of archaeology. This is Verbosity Murgatroyd reporting for BBC news in Saqqara, Egypt. Back to the studio."

6842998365_777cc05a94_z.jpg

"C'mon you goddamn lazy pilots!" bawls Professor Cox-Fitzpatrick "Good-for-nothing, bone idle layabouts. Always drinking goddamn tea... :hmpf:"

"Can't do anything without tea." mumbles one of the pilots

"Well, drink up, we've got a long flight ahead of us. Don't worry, I've packed a flask" replies the other.

6843006607_5bd6679b8c_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you everyone for playing! We've had a blast. Further game analysis, including player feedback will follow in due course, but once again we'd like to say a big thank you to all of you for being so much fun! :grin:

Game Mechanics post

Player Feedback post

Wow, this was really fun to watch. I'm actually glad I didn't get picked now, I think I would have cracked under the pressure. :tongue: I look forward to seeing (And perhaps playing in) more games from you, Pandora and Rufus! :thumbup:

Congratulations, Townies! You guys played well. :thumbup:

I'll say more as others post their own thoughts. I was trying to be active, but I kept checking in right after other people had said everything worth saying. I guess the success of my activity in Gotham Mafia made me try too hard to say something when there wasn't really anything to be said. I think my downfall started due to lack of communication on our part; Hinck's telling me that Pie claimed to have targeted me really caught me by surprise.

Thanks for the great game, Pandufus. Especially the graphics, which were beautiful. :wub:

Wow, great ending :wub: Really wonderful storytelling in this game, and I liked the way you connected the inner chamber at the end. I hadn't given it any thought seeing the pics updated on the writeboard.

Congrats to the survivors, and particularly Cornelius Murdock, who I think played quite a smart game all the way through.

And congrats to Tammo, for having a whole lot of gumption, and not giving up at all. That is the way to play :wub:

I'm such a noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god I deserved to be lynched off. I was so nervous that Cornelius was going to try and railroad me that I made the dumbest mistake EVER!!!!

It's no wonder Hinckley affectionately nicknamed me "Dumb-Bob Square-Brains".

Augh!

Pandora, Rufus, I was already fans of both of you. I loved this game. Fantastic story, fantastic set-up, fantastic everything.

This is the most I've "sheeped" in a game for a long time. I basically just did what was asked of me. I has suspects, but they were generally wrong, and when told not to push, I didn't. I kept evaluating, but nothing ever really came out of it.

Well played everyone!

Woohoo! We won :tongue: .

I have said it before, but thanks very much for hosting this game, and letting me play. As the rest of the game, the ending looks amazing, and is very funny (even though I did not get some of the references).

This Mafia game really helped me learn more about mafia games in general, which is good.

If I will sign up for more, remains to be seen, but I had fun with this one, for sure!

Fantastic conclusion!! Although that was mean what you did in the writeboard...:wub_drool:

The entire game was a blast, whether playing or following, and the characters and story were very colorful. :thumbup: The idea of making virgins more powerful by turning them into the scum's win condition was a stroke of brilliance - it made being a vanilla much more interesting. I'm glad to have been able to play with such awesome players again, especially with such great roles (the mixture of regular and new roles was balanced and very interesting to see play out).

I am annoyed at my performance. For what feels like the third time in a row. :sceptic: I got myself lynched for the same thing - again, third time in a row - and managed to completely screw over Brickdoctor while trying to keep myself alive. I'm really, really sick of being scum. Next time I think I'll just keep my head down and try not to mess up. :tongue:

Congratulations to each and every townie. Your win was very well deserved. :thumbup:

Yay Innocents! Thank you, thank you, Pandora and Rufus for such a great game. It was certainly a good twist on making vanillas useful and added a new layer of strategy to the whole thing. I'll say more later, but I wanted to tell everyone that it was a pleasure playing with all of you and I hope to do so again soon. :classic:

From an observer's perspective: An absolutely riveting read all the way through. Fantastic photography, great references and lots of saucy postcard humour. Loved it!

Well done to the hosts and to everyone who took part.

Superb ending to a superb game. Thanks for letting me play and to all who participated. I really enjoyed Tammo's insistence of innocence on the final day.

Hooray! Well played to all of you, and thanks for the fantastic game, Rufus and Pandora. I had such a blast playing this one, and I'm looking forward to the next one. :thumbup:

Not really much else to say at the moment, besides what I said on the writeboard. I guess I did act pretty scummy, but it's not like that's anything new. :tongue: I just didn't want to take the risk of Hinck being scum and controlling the game with an iron fist, or being manipulated by a rat in his inner circle(s).

I was pretty suspicious of both Foog and Tammo by Day 3, but poor wittle Nadir had to get smacked by the freaking vigilante. :laugh:

Perfect game, Pandufus! Fantastic story, photos, scenery, roles, timing... everything was brilliant so well done for that! :thumbup:

Congratulations to all my fellow victorious Campies! Most of you played a really great game and I enjoyed having an important role for a change that brought me into the game a bit more.

Sheila, your defence was very good and you were certainly persistent, but I didn't believe you for a second! :tongue:

I shall definitely miss Aloysius and his interesting collection of hats. :sad:

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of a great game! :sweet:

Wait, did Janus and Aloysius... :look:

I mean - Yay! Go town! :grin:

Amazing game, Pandufus! It ties as the funniest game, alongside Baritones 3, though it's second to none in terms of all the references! :thumbup:

And well done Tamamono! You were so persistent, I've been worrying about your conviction since we lynched you! :laugh:

Wait, did Janus and Aloysius... :look:

I am afraid so, and contrary to what you might expect, I forgot to use protection... :blush:

Wow, what an amazing game! :grin_wub: Congratulations to the townies, especially Cornelius! You all did an awesome job, and you outed us in no time! :thumbup:

Thank you so much for running this incredibly amazing game, Pandora and Rufus, and thank you so much for letting me play in it! I don't think I've had that much fun in a very long time! :grin: The valley of IMHOTEP MOC was absolutely gorgeous, your photography was incredibly professional, the jokes (and innuendo names) were all hilarious, and the characters were very original and well-put-together! Really stellar job, guys! :wub: I hope you'll host again sometime!

It was great to finally get the opportunity to play scum. While it is a lot of stress, and it takes quite a bit of work, it's really a blast, and I had just an awesome time. I want to say thank you to the rest of my team, TP, Doc, Foog, and Pie. It was a pleasure playing with you all! You guys are great! :wub:

I also want to apologize to our first victims, especially Rick. Poor Rick! :cry_sad: Night 1 metagame kills are no fun. I also want to apologize to Hinckley for killing him and taking him away from a survival. You were just too much of a threat to us!

The bomb claim was Foog's idea on Day 2(?) after Hinckley had expressed concern about me because I hadn't contacted him yet. Together we shaped a believable claim, and Hinck took the bait! Now I'll never be able to play as a real bomb without getting lynched as soon as I claim. :laugh:

At first, Hinck and I tried to drop little hints (Tomato Soup) that would get me killed by the 'scum', but after a while we figured that that wasn't going to get us anywhere, so then he suggested the idea of getting me lynched and having JimB vote for me first! I almost had a heart attack when I read that PM, and I very nearly blew it and slipped up. Luckily, he started having second thoughts about JimB at that point, so we decided to pull a sting instead, and it went surprisingly well! Hinck only started showing any real paranoia about me a couple of hours before he died, and I think that's what made the Order of the Penis stop talking to me.

As for my Day 7 defense, I had read a guide on mafiawiki about how to play good scum, and it said that a good appeal to emotion is to get upset. I think maybe the "I AM INNOCENT! UNVOTE ME" thing may have hurt my chances of having my usurper claim believed, but it was pretty far-fetched anyway. :laugh: I kind of played the part too well though, and unfortunately insulted my good friend Kiel at one point. Very sorry about that again, Kiel. :sad:

The most disappointing game moment for me was when I realized that fhomess was not the investigator, but in fact the new cherrinator. The worst part of that is that my guts had been telling me to kill Cecilie for absolutely no apparent reason at all since Day 2, and I completely ignored my guts the entire game. :enough: Maybe a little balance is in order. :laugh: Count yourself lucky, Cecilie! :tongue:

And congrats to Tammo, for having a whole lot of gumption, and not giving up at all. That is the way to play :wub:

Thanks, def! :sweet: I figured that that much persistence would make people have second thoughts about me.

I really enjoyed Tammo's insistence of innocence on the final day.

Thank you! I really enjoyed insisting my innocence!

I was pretty suspicious of both Foog and Tammo by Day 3, but poor wittle Nadir had to get smacked by the freaking vigilante. :laugh:

I love it when the people who are right get killed by their own team! :rofl: I have to admit, I was actually kind of scared that Hinckley would listen to you! You were right about me, Pie, and Foog at the very least.

Sheila, your defence was very good and you were certainly persistent, but I didn't believe you for a second! :tongue:

It's too bad, too! I had been working on that claim since Cornelius brought up Foog for conviction! :laugh: It started to get worse as time went on though, and eventually I was insisting that it was morally wrong to convict me. :rofl: I started cracking up as I reread some of my posts and saw how my claims had slowly degenerated into me typing in all caps for everyone to unvote me.

And well done Tamamono! You were so persistent, I've been worrying about your conviction since we lynched you! :laugh:

Thanks, Flitwick! My goal really was to freak people out and to plant little seeds of doubt in the back of their minds, like when I called Cecilie Bluto at one point or when I accused Sandy out of the blue. I guess my plan (sort of) worked! :grin:

I have so much more to say on this game, but I haven't got time for it right now.

At first, Hinck and I tried to drop little hints (Tomato Soup) that would get me killed by the 'scum', but after a while we figured that that wasn't going to get us anywhere, so then he suggested the idea of getting me lynched and having JimB vote for me first! I almost had a heart attack when I read that PM, and I very nearly blew it and slipped up. Luckily, he started having second thoughts about JimB at that point, so we decided to pull a sting instead, and it went surprisingly well! Hinck only started showing any real paranoia about me a couple of hours before he died, and I think that's what made the Order of the Penis stop talking to me.

Wait, so why was I the sacrificial lamb before I was suspicious? Everyone hates me! :cry_sad:

I love it when the people who are right get killed by their own team! :rofl: I have to admit, I was actually kind of scared that Hinckley would listen to you! You were right about me, Pie, and Foog at the very least.

And I had no idea about Doc or TinyP. I even thought TinyP was innocent before the day he was lynched. Good thing I didn't approach him before that happened... :blush:

Actually, I didn't talk to anyone except for Hinck in PM.

And great effort on your part, Tammo. It's easy to say that you were bluffing from a point of view where you know everyone's alliances, but I'm glad you didn't simply succumb and raise the white flag. As has been said, it was a very exciting last day. :thumbup:

Yess, woohooo, we won :grin:. I knew Tammo had to be lying, I just couldn't shake this horrible feeling of "but what if he's telling the truth?" :tongue:

The most disappointing game moment for me was when I realized that fhomess was not the investigator, but in fact the new cherrinator. The worst part of that is that my guts had been telling me to kill Cecilie for absolutely no apparent reason at all since Day 2, and I completely ignored my guts the entire game. :enough: Maybe a little balance is in order. :laugh: Count yourself lucky, Cecilie! :tongue:

Thanks for not trusting your gut! :laugh:

And thanks to my fellow members of the Order Of the Penis (lovely name Hinck :laugh:), I had a blast figuring things out together with you :sweet:. And Tammo, we never really told you anything in there. I was so paranoid about everyone at first, but found that Cornelius and Sandy were the only ones I could be sure of because of the cherrinator thing, so I suggested to Cornelius to leave you out, and we started a new OOP without you right away :wink:

This game was really a great experience for me, once I got over my initial panic of "help! I'm the investigator, what the hell do I do? Who do I trust with my info? I'm so screwed!". Pandufus has done an awesome job with all the graphics and jokes, really making this a thrilling and funny game! :sweet:

Okay. I've got a little more time now.

To all the Innocents: Great game. We all came together near the end and it was great teamwork.

Foog- I really didn't want you to be scum. We had so much fun in PMs together with Hinck. And you do still owe me a Coke.

Tammo- That was some defense. And hey, you got Eskallon to unvote. :tongue:

Pandufus- Awesome and hilarious. :thumbup:

Wait, so why was I the sacrificial lamb before I was suspicious? Everyone hates me! :cry_sad:

I'm pretty sure we didn't start that plan until Hinck was suspicious of you. Day 3 maybe? :look:

And great effort on your part, Tammo. It's easy to say that you were bluffing from a point of view where you know everyone's alliances, but I'm glad you didn't simply succumb and raise the white flag. As has been said, it was a very exciting last day. :thumbup:

Thanks, JimB! :sweet: I'm glad I was able to make it an exciting last day for everyone! I wanted to make sure nobody slacked off thinking that it was the last day and that they had caught the last scum. I hope I made you all work your megablocks off behind the scenes! :tongue:

I knew Tammo had to be lying, I just couldn't shake this horrible feeling of "but what if he's telling the truth?" :tongue:

Yay! :grin:

And Tammo, we never really told you anything in there. I was so paranoid about everyone at first, but found that Cornelius and Sandy were the only ones I could be sure of because of the cherrinator thing, so I suggested to Cornelius to leave you out, and we started a new OOP without you right away :wink:

You were right to be extra paranoid about everyone. The investigator is an extremely powerful role, and it should definitely be kept as secret as possible. When I stole sok's role in Gotham, I basically just flew under the radar and gave results to def, and that's exactly what a good investigator should do.

Tammo- That was some defense. And hey, you got Eskallon to unvote. :tongue:

Thanks, Cornelius! :laugh: Yeah, I'm pretty surprised Esky unvoted too! He must have been biting his nails quite a bit during the interval between Day 7 and the Conclusion. :laugh: Sowwy Esky! :blush:

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised Esky unvoted too! He must have been biting his nails quite a bit during the interval between Day 7 and the Conclusion. :laugh: Sowwy Esky! :blush:

He told me that he pretended to defend you in order to gather some information from you in private, which apparently worked. Maybe just hedging his bets a bit really. :tongue:

And, as you probably guessed, you were my target anyway on the final night, Esky, so there was no need to ask for protection. :wink:

Excellent hosting, by the both of you! It was truly an enjoyable experience to be part of it! :thumbup:

A very successful victory by the townies and I am glad we managed to win! More thoughts to be added later on.

Great game, guys! I had a great time watching from the sidelines, and I'm a bit surprised that Imhotep wasn't a FABULAND (There Tammo, happy? :tongue:) Fig. :grin: Finally the scum got smart enough to kill of Hinckley instead of letting him pick off every scum. :laugh:

Sign in to follow this